Android Emulators

Rubik

Disciple
Does anyone have experience with Android Emulators on Windows/Linux , their safely and reliability. Considering this use case since am not a mobile app user.

Memu is another good option for running multiple instances from random device models with various emei other options, also grab a copy of any vpn and store in master memu, on other instances you will only require to configure vpn
and you are set for 100s of different devices from your choice of countries. *as supported by vpn*

I use BlueStacks to play one mobile game on my PC but sometimes it hangs and crashes. So I have to close it in the device manager and run it again. Other than that it works.

Thank you for all the responses. Was considering this use case for work related authentication apps such as Microsoft Authenticator.

A lot to ask but do any of the emulators capture a screen image such as a QR code

You can try using this Chrome plugin to manage your 2FA accounts and their keys.
Have been using this for quite a while now. Seems to be rock solid. No more fiddling around with the phone for me.

Thanks very much everyone. Was able to emulate CM14 (an old version sure but most authenticators have support for this) with below image using adroid-x86 on Virtualbox.

Bought a webcam and did USB passthrough to the andoid VM. Installed all apps from F-Droid repository without play store

1) Image = https://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-cm-x86-14-1-r5.html
2) Hardware Camera = Webcam
3) Authenticator = Microsoft
4) Software Camera = Open Camera from F-Droid

This setup is standing by for input QR code. One issue is the camera is mirror inverted currently. Trying to solve it...

You can try using this Chrome plugin to manage your 2FA accounts and their keys.
Have been using this for quite a while now. Seems to be rock solid. No more fiddling around with the phone for me.
What's the purpose of 2FA when you use it on same device as the first factor? Just disable 2FA then.

I would suggest authy from Twillio instead of relying on emulators - they have a windows app. But if you absolutely want an emulator, I would indeed suggest something like Android studio or indeed mounting the android VM image on VirtualBox rather than relying on 3rd party emulators because who knows what backdoors they might have.

Back