Budget 15-20K Android, max screen 5.5", gaming, music, video, DUAL SIM, max 20K budget

raksrules

Elite
1. Budget?
A: 20k - Absolute MAX, cannot increase a rupee
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: Whatever is good
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Don't want the Chinese rebranded stuff and will consider only if it is worth
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Yes decent to good quality needed
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi - DUAL SIM NEEDED
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, Video, Gaming, Calls, DUAL SIM, Mails, SMS and the usual purpose.
10. Any other requirements?
A: DUAL SIM MANDATORY
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: LG G Pro Lite D686

Need this phone to be bought by my Cousin, Max budget is 20K so do not suggest anything which is even 1 rupee more.
Dual SIM is needed. Max screen size 5.5"

Gionee ELITE E6...latest good android full HD(1920*1080p) phone.....

To be frank he may not be interested in "new" brands or untested stuff. It might have good reviews but i would be hesitant to suggest this.

How good are Lenovo phones, ignore the huge battery part?
Service and all And in terms of reliability ?

i was about to buy P780 couple of days back but found out that the indian version has some unresolved issues pertaining to push messages, screen flicker and poor voice quality.

it has a LiPo battery; so obviously they wouldn't want people to play with it and hence it's not user replaceable.

Hey Chiron, whats the word on the P780?? I was going to buy it tomorrow, but I'm counting on your advice now!

Battery life is as promised... never came close to running out in the past week. Not really familiar with android so can't comment on performance/interface/preloaded apps but it seems fine. Issues are as raised by others in this forum; no auto sms notifications coming (which isn't much of a problem for me), poor screen brightness, making it hard to make out in daylight and not loud enough during calls. No screen flicker for me though.

People at Gsmarean complaining about P780 wifi issue.. check before your buy

To be frank he may not be interested in "new" brands or untested stuff. It might have good reviews but i would be hesitant to suggest this.

How good are Lenovo phones, ignore the huge battery part?
Service and all And in terms of reliability ?

why would one consider a phone which has same SoC as a 8K indo-chinese handset?

I thought like you till I actually used the phone. The build quality is really good and far better than the Chinese crap you get. Plus you get Sony service and reliability.

Honestly the phone works far better than the specs suggest. Try it out first. I did and it totally changed my opinion of the phone.

Lastly it offers a fantastic battery life and will give you more than a full days battery life.

Last edited:
Galaxy grand duos or HTC desire 500 are good options if you want to stick to only top brands.
If you are open to huawei then the g700 is an excellent option in your budget. Check review at notebookcheck

Back