Android phone 15-20k

Hi guys i'm planning to buy my first android phone. I have been an iOS user till now.

I'm stuck between Nexus S which i can get for 18k and Galaxy S which is available for 19.5k. Please suggest which is better. I have gone through many threads here and frankly i'm confused now:bleh:

Also is it worth extending my budget to 23k and getting Optimus 2x?:S

O2x is prone to Problems..

And Personally, Form what I have seen at Showroom, it Lags quite abit and has Random FCs and Restarts..

At that Price Range, galaxy S or nexus S

i would pick nexus s over sgs. and yes, it is worth gettin optimus 2x. but the first thing you need to do is insgtalol a custom rom on it. the factory rom is buggt but the upcoming gingerbread update should fizx that. it is a powerful phone with a very good display.

get the nexus s. or to avoid any kind of confusion get the optimus 2x. it is the best option. cuz by increasing ur budget by 3k. u get double the prosseor. as it has dual core. it will be future proof. since u r spending 20k. extend ur budget by 3k to get the lg optimus 2x. or incase u dont want to extend youe budget. then u can get the lg optimus g2x from US. check this link out.

Get My phone-get all imported and indian smartphones used/new cheapest prices! - Bangalore - Cell Phones - Accessories - full touch new 3g phone

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

that is not his latest add.... hence prices are higher. in his latest add it has g2x for 20k. call him or email him. he gives COD

Galaxy S and Nexus S has similar processor/RAM/gpu. Differences are:

What they do not have:

Nexus S - No 720p video recording regardless of modding it, No FM Radio, No expandable SD card slot, No Gorilla Glass

Galaxy S - No Camera Flash, No Vanilla Android, No NFC Chip, No Three axis Gyro-sensor (Not a lot of games use this anyway), No Fast updates straight from Google

What they have:

Nexus S - Has NFC Chip, Three axis Gyro-sensor (Better for movement in 3d space compared to accelerometer in other smartphones), Fast updates and long life due to being a developer phone, Has Camera LED flash, Wolfson audio chip

Samsung S - Has 720p video recording, Has FM Radio, Has Gorilla Glass, Has expandable slot for upto 32 gb SD card

Nexus S vs Galaxy S:

Google Nexus S vs. Samsung Galaxy S

Samsung Google Nexus S I9023 vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com

Do not buy US phones if you care about warranty as it will be expensive to repair it. I would say Nexus S because the updates you get from Google is faster and no need to wait. Also Nexus S will get the ICS first while top dog dual core phones has to wait.

Go with LG Optimus 2X if you are into recording or playing 1080P videos, playing intensive 3d games. For general use, you will find Nexus S more than enough. In this case even Galaxy S is also good. Samsung Galaxy S GPS has also improved in current models compared to older ones released last year, in case some complain about that.

Do not go with HTC Sensation as there are some issues cropping up recently. If you go to GSM arena you can read about it, there were lots of problems like death grip, screen becoming unresponsive etc. So if you want to buy HTC sensation buy it with 1 year warranty atleast. Spec wise they are neck to neck. 512 MB vs 768 MB RAM is not a huge difference. But having 1 GB RAM is more better for better multitasking and gaming. 512 MB may be fine now, but may not fare better with more intensive apps in the future.

So spec wise go with Atrix, hands down because of 1 GB RAM and dual core. I believe aka007 recently bought a Atrix, so he may give you his on hand experience with the phone.

Unfortunately not soon I believe. There is not a lot of option to buy dual core from stores other than Sensation, 2X and SII in India. Me personally, I would not recommend taking risk by buying phone without warranty or warranty from third party sellers. Because spending 20k, we do not want to fear about what might happen and need some insurance. When you buy new one for store, something happens you are covered by going to service center anywhere in India. But if you buy from a third party seller, regardless of how many months you have warranty. You have to ship the phone to that seller only. I may be wrong on this so this is just my personal opinion. Also in that link, it says warranty (6 months) applicable only on selected models.

Also buying US phones is not recommended unless you know the risk involved. Even for small repairs, I find it expensive in India. I personally use US phones because I have to travel back there since I am in India on visa basis. So if I cannot afford the repair, I just toss it in my bag and go there. Get it repaired since it has 1 year warranty. But if you are not, do not take the risk. Again this is my personal opinion only. Any electronics has a chance to fail. So buying for so much and constantly being in fear sounds bad.

So best bet is if you decide to go for dual core, then buy 2X. So your next question should be is 512 MB enough? I have G2X and personally other than LG UI, I like it. I do not feel any lag during multitasking or playing games. I personally think 1 GB is better for multitasking or gaming, but you can still future proof yourself with 2X. Also it seems prices are dropping on 2X.

Thanks for all the replies Guys!!

I finally ordered LG Optimus 2x. I Got it for 19990/- from ezone online:clap:

Eagerly waiting for the phone now. Has anyone previously ordered from ezone? How is their services?

Congratulations and welcome to dual core club. You will like your phone. Remember to root it and mod it. Because the factory rom is just laggy. But upon flashing ROM, the phone turns into a beast :)

Back