Android Phone For Development Max 20K

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys,

Due to unforseen circumstances, I have to buy an Android Device now. This one is partly for Development and partly for Daily Usage.

I dont want it to have great Music Qualty, as I already have a Clip+ for that..

I was about to buy the Omnia W or E6, BUT got an offer to do an Android App for a Company, and so need a Droid now.

Wont buy a recent release as Prices tend to fall soon.. (As has happened with my x10 Mini)

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15-20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: AMOLED if possible, else TFT or SC-LCD

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera min. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android with ICS(As Update)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: All Covered

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Android App Development, Mail, Internet,Camera(once a while)

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: It should have a Slim yet Sturdy body. Battery Life should last through the day with Internet around 1 Hr, and Mail. 100 Messages all day, Calls about 30min.. Not so heavy..

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None.

Sony Ericsson Neo V meets ur requirements and will have ICS in Q1 ....

Considered that. But the fact that a Dual Core droid is just 1K more, made me turn away from it..

Galaxy R ticks all. But the only thing that pushes me back is the fact that there is not enough Dev Support for it, and no Cyanogenmod
<

Hey Guys,

Do you know anyplace I could get a New Nexus S for 20K or less??

That is there.. But the only Con(As I see) is the 512MB ram.. I feel, 1GB should be A Norm..

Eyeing on Galaxy R. But, still haven't decided. Only because of absence of ROMS..

Any new phones coming up around 20K??

That is there.. But the only Con(As I see) is the 512MB ram.. I feel, 1GB should be A Norm..

Eyeing on Galaxy R. But, still haven't decided. Only because of absence of ROMS..

Any new phones coming up around 20K??

Having flashed CM7 and used custom ROMs based on it since 2 weeks, i have never felt the lack of RAM on my O2x. Multitasking is handled effortlessly and apps dont lag or complain. Galaxy R has acute shortage of ROMs.

Get the O2X. I would suggest it over the Galaxy R for everyone. Since your main purpose is development, then O2X is a no brainer, unless you can find a Nexus S.

Btw, the O2X will be getting an official ICS update as well.
<

Well, It seems everyone is like me. We just want CyanogneMod!!!!
<

Right now it seems to be out of stock on Flipkart and Letsbuy, while local stores and Malls still charge whoopoing 27K for it
<

Will definitely buy O2x.. Finally, a Dual core droid..
<

Why so crazy about CyanogenMod?

Though CM9 looks promising,CM7 was never really anything great.

For htc or Sammy dual cores the stock based custom ROMs are far better than the CM7 or its derivatives(Agreed TW launcher is a PITA and Sense is a battery hog,but those can be removed easily)

AOSP based ROMs are great for phones which have weaker hw,but giants like O2x,XE,GS2 do not really need it.

Except for gaming,the powerful gpu of these monsters are never utilized in CM7(Ithough CM7 can do nothing about it without the drivers and these manufacturers are unlikely to give those to them)

Well, As a fact, I know that..

But All that I need is Good Custom Kernel support..

I tried the Galaxy R,and it was lagging abit. But, that cannot be said for the O2x+CM7 which I saw..

CM7 was flying... Even MIUI never lagged.. But Stock O2x just sucks big time..

GB update was good for that..

Touchwiz on Galaxy R was bad, but Added 1GB RAM may boost its speed while running many apps..

I am still stuck up. But O2x is what I will get r8 now, without thinking much.

I am just waiting for O2x to drop dwn to 20K in local stores.

TW is not that bad actually,it is the TW launcher that sucks.

TW video player is the better than any video player in the market.

A properly slimmed down official GB for SGR and SGS2 also just flies like CM7 with much faster GPS lock,media playback and camera.

I have no idea about 02x,but I faced a lot of Black SOD in CM7 kernel with undervolting in SGS2(the same voltage settings on CF rooted kernel did not have any problem at all)

Back