Budget 15-20K Android phone with good camera

m4h5h

Recruit
Hi all,

I am looking out for an Android phone with good camera for my wife. Intended use for this phone would be to capture good photos and videos for our 2 years old kid, and social media browsing. Please suggest phones matching this criteria between the budget of 10k to 20k.

Thank you.

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5"-6.6", AMOLED preferable

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 11 or above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Had not so good experience with Samsung. So would like to avoid that.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Capture moments for our kid, social media, internet browsing

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good battery backup preferable.
Storage should be 128 GB or more.
6 GB or more RAM.
If phone comes without any bloatware, it would be cherry on cake.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: OnePlus Nord CE 2 Light, Redmi Note 11 Pro + 5G

Hi all,

I am looking out for an Android phone with good camera for my wife. Intended use for this phone would be to capture good photos and videos for our 2 years old kid, and social media browsing. Please suggest phones matching this criteria between the budget of 10k to 20k.

Thank you.

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5"-6.6", AMOLED preferable

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 11 or above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Had not so good experience with Samsung. So would like to avoid that.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Capture moments for our kid, social media, internet browsing

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good battery backup preferable.
Storage should be 128 GB or more.
6 GB or more RAM.
If phone comes without any bloatware, it would be cherry on cake.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: OnePlus Nord CE 2 Light, Redmi Note 11 Pro + 5G
MOTOROLA G62 5G (Frosted Blue, 128 GB) (8 GB RAM) @ 18k

Increase your budget and pick up a Samsung M53. I would have suggested the Motorola G82 with its OIS, but the sensor is really lacklustre and does not support 4K video recording (because of the chipset). Not to mention, Motorola is pretty well-known for their sub-standard cameras. So, I'd say stay away from Motorola if you want a good camera phone.

You may buy a budget phone which genuinely supports GCam. I am personally using GCam on realme GT master edition which i had picked up from Flipkart at a massive discount during their BBD sale last year . The photos are comparable to Google pixel 2xl that my wife had till recently and nearly as good as those clicked on the pixel 6a that my wife currently uses.

The shortlisted Nord CE2 does not have a good cam. Moto is well established for a long time for below-par cameras.

Samsung has generally good cam setup but charges a hefty premium. Redmi Note series comes with bloatware you can remove, the cams are best in that range.

Have a look at the - Realme 9 Pro+ it has one of the best cams (almost flagship quality) ~20k range. You would need some discount, it usually comes down to ~23k. It has a headphone jack too!

if you can compromise on new and battery life requirements, Refurb Pixel 4A's are available for 16K onwards, and 12+ on OLX. Flagship camera quality. ticks all your other boxes too

Back