Android phone within 18-19k

star89

Disciple
Hello guys, I want to buy a new smartphone within 18-19k ,I've got three choices:
Samsung galaxy S
Samsung galaxy SL
Sony Ericsson xperia ray

I need good music quality and will use it for videos.Also , a good camera will be a good plus.I like the specs of xperia ray, but only thing I dont like about it is its screen size. Could you pls help me buying one of these.

I would say go for the galaxy s(the one with the super amoled screen) as you said you are going to watch videos and its camera is great to, for music quality it depends on both good audio source+good headphones, you have to check each phone with a good set of headphones personally to compare the audio quality, but if you are not looking for audiophile grade output I think all have the same quality(means you will not notice the difference between them)

buy Google Nexus S ~ 19k... its has got 1GHz processor + SGX540 GPU which is powerful than adreno 205 and almost performs like adreno 220 gpu... And as its a google phone it would be the second phone which would receive icecream sandwich update after Nexus Prime which would come with I.C.S out of the box... And as it has SGX540 GPU i think it would be able to handle even 720p videos which SGX530 GPU couldn't... i dont know how missed out Nexus S to include in that list...

star89 said:
Hello guys, I want to buy a new smartphone within 18-19k ,I've got three choices:

Samsung galaxy S

Samsung galaxy SL

Sony Ericsson xperia ray

I need good music quality and will use it for videos.Also , a good camera will be a good plus.I like the specs of xperia ray, but only thing I dont like about it is its screen size. Could you pls help me buying one of these.

Galaxy S beats both Galaxy SL and Xperia Ray, so ignore those two from your list. In your case I would go with Galaxy S because:

1) Galaxy S has Dolby Digital 5.0 sound which Nexus doesn't have. With Voodoo sound, you get better sound quality

2) Despite absence of Flash, the Galaxy S camera is capable of recording videos at 720p HD while Nexus does not. But Nexus S has Flash. So think if you need flash or 720p video recording.

3) Also as others have mentioned GPU is brilliant and so is the processor for day to day activites.

4) Watching 720p videos in Super Amoled screen with full brightness is an amazing experience. Also it has unlimited viewing angles.

If you are into modding, then Galaxy S is your dream phone. Countless of ROMs available that is downright enjoyable. Nexus S is difficult to root, thus you are limited in trying out ROMs compared to Galaxy S. So think about that.

Of course, Nexus S would get the first ICS update OTA than any other phones plus future updates. But Galaxy S has better community support so do not worry about updates as ICS will eventually make way to Galaxy S. So think about the choices.

I have both Nexus S 4g and Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S Variant) I tend to like Captivate because of trying out ROMs and also kernel. I have overclocked my Captivate to 1.6 Ghz and now use it more frequently than even my G2X.

galaxy s-gorilla glass,super amoled screen,awesome sound quality,expandable memory

nexus s-android updates,camera flash,(nfc chip,gyroscope are useless so far anyway)

I would go for the galaxy s and mod it to be on par with the android versions....also the camera in galaxy s...captures decent pictures in little light with its nightmode...but if u love taking pictures in pitch black conditions :p go for the nexus s which has the flash

SGS it would be then, as nexus S has been discontinued it won't be possible for buying a new one.
Also where could I get SGS at the best prices,I mean should I get it online or from somewhere else?

Nexus S hasn't been discontinued... You can buy it if you want...

Plus you want better community support or google support... See i agree that there are a lot of roms available for SGS but no rom is perfect you will find bugs in every rom out there... I haven't been able to find a stable rom for my defy... Plus would you like to be ahead of people or would like to wait in the queue for the roms to get ported for your cell phone? Galaxy S may have better features but Nexus S has good hardware plus google support... Actually both the phones have advantages and disadvantages so its on you that which phones advantages you like the most...

I would suggest you to go ahead with galaxy s as it's having best community support. amoled screen is awesome. I got my phone a week back it has 2.3.3 officially. buy from koovs as I did.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

boogeyman said:
Why not LG Optimus Black?... AFAIK its available for ~19k on letsbuy which should come up to ~18k after one of the 10% coupons. Specs are awesome and so is the review: LG Optimus Black review: Black and bright - GSMArena.com

For the price it is not worth it. Only advantages it has is brightness, slim new design and camera flash. Galaxy S beats LG Optimus Black in every other hardware specs. Music wise there is no better option than Galaxy S or Nexus S. But Galaxy S is even better than Nexus despite both having same wolfson chip is because of its Dolby Digital 5.1 capability with any music or videos. So if OP seriously considers Optimus Black over Galaxy S then he is taking a step backward. Not saying LG Optimus Black is bad or your suggestion is bad, it is a good phone in its own way.

Thanks guys ......will be getting SGS in a day or two.....

Also I would like to know that will it be safe to buy from koovs ,it is available at 17599 after coupons,will it be ok ?......I mean why are they selling it at so low price?

it's safe to buy from koovs.they do take up to 10 days to ship but u ll surely get new undamaged product.i got 1 and second order done for my friends.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Back