Android phone within 18-19k

star89

Disciple
Hello guys, I want to buy a new smartphone within 18-19k ,I've got three choices:
Samsung galaxy S
Samsung galaxy SL
Sony Ericsson xperia ray

I need good music quality and will use it for videos.Also , a good camera will be a good plus.I like the specs of xperia ray, but only thing I dont like about it is its screen size. Could you pls help me buying one of these.

koovs.com appears to be a dubious site and people claim that their coupons are bogus and customer care, non-existent. Just googled it and it certainly appears to be a suspicious site. Please be careful.

I purchased Samsung galaxy S for myself , 2 months ago and then purchased a lG optimus black for my younger brother . The main con of S GS is the lack of flash in camera , almost all the photos indoors require flash so for a 20k phone without it is bad . I am infact happy with LG black . It looks way better then the samsung and photos are better . Music through headphones is as good as SGS after tweaking poweramp . I use to use ipod touch 2g before for music and its on par in loudness and crispness . But if we connect it to external amp like car speakers then SGS is the clear winner , the blacks output is low and lacks bass but we can always increase the volume up in an external amp . You know what ! i have swapped my SGS with the black just because of its looks and camera . One major issue is battery life , for which you must know how to root otherwise both these devices are no good particularly the black !
Also black has some lower gpu , dont know which but who cares , all HD games are working great and i am watching 720p content as well . I dont really play games that much , just installed numerous of them and havent completed a single , they look good only at first then u get bored .

PS: I got SGS for around 20.9K and LG black for 17.8k from a local dealer .

rohan_mhtr said:
I purchased Samsung galaxy S for myself , 2 months ago and then purchased a lG optimus black for my younger brother . The main con of S GS is the lack of flash in camera , almost all the photos indoors require flash so for a 20k phone without it is bad . I am infact happy with LG black . It looks way better then the samsung and photos are better . Music through headphones is as good as SGS after tweaking poweramp . I use to use ipod touch 2g before for music and its on par in loudness and crispness . But if we connect it to external amp like car speakers then SGS is the clear winner , the blacks output is low and lacks bass but we can always increase the volume up in an external amp . You know what ! i have swapped my SGS with the black just because of its looks and camera . One major issue is battery life , for which you must know how to root otherwise both these devices are no good particularly the black !

Also black has some lower gpu , dont know which but who cares , all HD games are working great and i am watching 720p content as well . I dont really play games that much , just installed numerous of them and havent completed a single , they look good only at first then u get bored .

PS: I got SGS for around 20.9K and LG black for 17.8k from a local dealer .

Thanks for your inputs.

You mentioned that music of the SGS is almost the same as Optimus Black... Did you listen to it through the same set of earphones or the stock earphones which the phones come with?

Also, which custom ROM are you using for the Black and what is the battery life?

boogeyman said:
Thanks for your inputs.

You mentioned that music of the SGS is almost the same as Optimus Black... Did you listen to it through the same set of earphones or the stock earphones which the phones come with?

Also, which custom ROM are you using for the Black and what is the battery life?
With my philips she9700 in ear headphones and using Poweramp music player , the music quality of Black is on par with SGS . But when connected to external amp like car audio or speakers the black struggles to keep with SGS . I only listen to music with headphones so it aint a problem . The volume level on external amp is very low .I am on stock rom which is 2.2 froyo , gingerbread will be available for black in mid october .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sagar_coolx said:
even i'm interested to know about the battery life of optimus black...as in how much do u get on what usage pattern? and the difference in it before n after rooting n tweaking

After rooting my LG black and uninstalling all LG crap , now i am getting a full days charge with around 15-20% remaining at night . Usage is like 1 hour music playback with headphones , some net acces on 2g , 30mins wifi in office , 20-30 calls , some gaming and lots of useless fiddling with the phone and sometimes videos too . Its the same like SGS but without rooting the samsung . Without rooting the black , its battery life is crap . You must know how to use android OS , with functions like auto sync , gps , apps etc running in background , the battery backup is affected .

Also to mention i like the display of Black more . It has a slight poor viewing angles then the SGS ( which is not a big concern )but the display certainly looks better then SGS , atleast for me .

My vote to nexus s since it has a great design and a camera with flash. Galaxy s is nice but it's design doesn't do justice to the money we pay. That is if you care about the looks.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Back