Android Android system consumes more battery than all other apps. Xiaomi x11 pro

anu6630

Recruit
This is a request to all android users.:):):)

Hi I recently purchased Mi x11 pro.
From the first day itself I'm noticing that in the battery and performance section I could see android system consuming highest percentage of battery power.

I have checked this multiple times after charging to 100%.
I have checked the same in Poco f1 and one of my friends mobile (I don't remember the model number) for them android system is not on the top and probably taking least battery power.

I want to know if this is an issue with the x11 pro mobile. If anyone is using this please reply to this thread.
Even if you are not using X11 pro please let me know if android system consuming most of the power on your device on moderate use.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_070820.jpg
    IMG_20210804_070820.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 345
This is a request to all android users.:):):)

Hi I recently purchased Mi x11 pro.
From the first day itself I'm noticing that in the battery and performance section I could see android system consuming highest percentage of battery power.

I have checked this multiple times after charging to 100%.
I have checked the same in Poco f1 and one of my friends mobile (I don't remember the model number) for them android system is not on the top and probably taking least battery power.

I want to know if this is an issue with the x11 pro mobile. If anyone is using this please reply to this thread.
Even if you are not using X11 pro please let me know if android system consuming most of the power on your device on moderate use.
it could be some rouge app continuously using core services or actively collecting sensor data again and again. In those cases, it would be reported as android system. Try using 3rd party battery tracking apps and check if they provide the app name.

Workaround is to uninstall recently installed apps and restart the phone and hope for the best!!!

You need to check for kernel wake locks or partial wake locks
.. Look for an app that can tell you about that. Betterbatterystats used to do that earlier not sure if it is still updated

Once you find out which service is causing the wakes you can simply Google and most probably you will find your answer

it could be some rouge app continuously using core services or actively collecting sensor data again and again. In those cases, it would be reported as android system. Try using 3rd party battery tracking apps and check if they provide the app name.

Workaround is to uninstall recently installed apps and restart the phone and hope for the best!!!
@belictony , Thanks for trying to help me by sharing your thoughts.
I actually tried without installing any apps even tried after a factory reset as well.
Same results :confused:
You need to check for kernel wake locks or partial wake locks
.. Look for an app that can tell you about that. Betterbatterystats used to do that earlier not sure if it is still updated

Once you find out which service is causing the wakes you can simply Google and most probably you will find your answer
@msankadi Unfortunately, since I'm facing this issue from the first day of purchase I submitted my device for a replacement.

Last edited:
This could be due to Miui 12.0.2.0 or 12.5. I am using Poco X3 with the former version and it has battery issues with both Poco launcher and Android System consuming higher battery. Haven't yet got 12.5 so can't tell but it seems this has more to do with the software. Never faced this issue when I was on A10. My SoT counter won't reset since I don't charge beyond 80% hence, it is at the top of the list. Rest assured when battery is 100%charged, Android System drain is high.

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_081423.jpg
    IMG_20210809_081423.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 305
I got a replacement for the device. But this one also has the same issue.
It's funny that the service center guys adviced me not to install any updates.
But even without installing updates I'm facing the same issue now.

My problem with battery drain has been fixed. Don't know how but after I updated the security app, the issue has been sorted.
Are you on 12.5?

Can you share the screenshot of your battery status?
I know my statement would go against what the service guy said but I would recommend updating the core apps from "System apps Updater" especially the ones you use. I have updated only security app and drain has reduced a lot. I could only say to continue using the phone and allow the phone to settle after updating in future. There are many variables involved.. sometimes it's play store, play services, the security patch itself, list goes on.

Back