Video Android TV UI on Firestick 4k

ibose

Skilled
Has anyone unlocked the Firestick 4k and tried this ? Looks relatively simple except for the unlocking bit. I am tired with the new interface. It's pretty slow and unintuitive.

Seems interesting would have tried if I had the 4K stick but I have the 1080p ones.

But IMO better to stick with FireOS because at least Amazon keeps updating it. With Google's one you'll be stuck on there forever.

Last edited:
Seems interesting would have tried if I had the 4K stick but I have the 1080p ones.

But IMO better to stick with FireOS because at least Amazon keeps updating it. With Google's one you'll be stuck on there forever.
It's not actually a true ATV build but yes, in order to preserve the unlock I don't think you can update. Any ideas how to replace the current sh!!ty interface or make it faster ?

It's not actually a true ATV build but yes, in order to preserve the unlock I don't think you can update. Any ideas how to replace the current sh!!ty interface or make it faster ?
Wouldn't have the slightest clue cuz I'm not the one using those sticks at home. It's for my parents and they seem to be happy with whatever it is.
2 rooms have same firetv stick 1080p and living room has a 4k android tv. They seem to have got the hang of both.

I have both mi box and fire TV stick. For me Firetv interface seems better and fluid
For some reason mine is slow, it takes a while to load and compared to the earlier interface it sucks.. the streaming works perfectly fine though even for local files via wifi..

I have a Fire TV 3 and the new update has all but killed the device. I use it for a secondary device but for a time I installed a third party launcher which of course worked much better than the crawling new UI. That is probably one way to go.

I used to follow the unlocking of the device for a time and a lot of people completely bricked their device, so wouldn't do it unless it is absolutely necessary.

I purchased the Motorola 4K box when it went for 3k and it at least works better due to its specs. I do like the Android TV interface a bit better as I don't watch most of Prime content which is a huge distraction.

I have a Fire TV 3 and the new update has all but killed the device. I use it for a secondary device but for a time I installed a third party launcher which of course worked much better than the crawling new UI. That is probably one way to go.
Can you let us know what launcher is best suited for a clutter free and light TV based UI for firetv?

Can you let us know what launcher is best suited for a clutter free and light TV based UI for firetv?
To be frank, lost touch with which launchers are being actively developed for TV. There used to be modded versions of Leanback Launcher that worked quite well. HALauncher is probably the most customizable. There was ATV Launcher which was okay and I have seen Wolf Launcher mentioned a few times.

Trying to work around Fire TV launcher's was a lot more difficult in the past, but it seems Launcher Manager works well, so give it a try with any of the alternate launchers.

Back