Budget 15-20K Android under 18k

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 18k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: No preference
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Strict no to local brands
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 1080p recording. I like the camera of S2 and looking for something better than it
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet, Games, Video playback
10. Any other requirements?
A: Require dual sim but not mandatory
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

Hey dude ,

First of all In your budget no one branded phone get 1080p resolution...

For Full 1080p HD phone...you can go local brand....

XOLO PLAY 1000 is a best mid range full hd phone....
And also it is a full of gaming phone...
Because in this phone...quad core processor ,
And main nvidia graphic card for specially gaming purpose...
And full (1920*1080p) resolution...
And latest android system...
So best smart phone in your budget....

And second , I-berry nuclea auxus N1 is also a best mid range phone..

Because it comes with latest android system...,
Quad core processor ,
Full hd (1920*1080p) resolution...
So , best budget android phone..

And if you can increase your budget upto 25000...
Then latest nexus phone is best branded phone for you....;)

First of all In your budget no one branded phone get 1080p resolution...

OP does not need 1080p resolution screen nor he is open to local brand but camera capable of recording 1080p.

Q
3. Preferred display type?
A: No preference
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Strict no to local brands
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 1080p recording. I like the camera of S2 and looking for something better than it

Dude....i think you don't know
What is hd phone...?

If your phone is full hd phone...or 1080p resolution...on that only time....your camera is capable for full hd 1080p recording....

If...your phone does not capable full hd resolution...on that time your camera is also low resolution...
So , moral...

If you getting full hd recording or full hd photography (1080p)

Then..your mobile screen or mobile is full hd screen(1080p) is needed...otherwise you can't capture full hd photo or video....so. Think about dude....:cool:

Because ot is a half hd (720p) phone....
And , dude...s2 is now a days looks like a very old phone...

So , if you buy a galaxy phone..then you can buy a galaxy grand phone...it is a good half hd (720p)
Phone...but it's camera does not shoot 1080p resolution video or photo....

But , i think in your budget branded phone is not possible ...with full hd camera....

@kayo2013 the OP does not want a full HD screen resolution, he only wants a camera capable of recording in doing so! Also you don't need to have a Full HD screen in order to shoot full HD videos. My xperia P and Optimus L9 are both qHD and they can both shoot Full HD videos!

Also please do a little research before you make a point. The Galaxy S2 does take full HD videos!!! http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-3621.php Refer to the camera section in the link.

As far as the OP is concerned, at your range you will get full HD recording capability but the quality will be not upto the mark. Please try searching in some local shops for the Xperia ION. The last price in Kolkata i found was for around 19k. I don't know where you hail from but i strongly recommend you search some local shops as they might have stock of it. The camera on that phone is amazing.

Increase some budget and get Sony Xperia SP for around 20K.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet, Games, Video playback
OS Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Processor 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, Dual Core
Size 4.6 Inches
Resolution HD, 1280 x 720 Pixels

Primary Camera Yes, 8 Megapixel
Secondary Camera Yes, 0.3 Megapixel
Flash LED
Video Recording Yes, 1920 x 1080
HD Recording HD, Full HD

If you are interestad in SAMSUNG...
Then , you can buy ....

SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS...

It is perfect phone for your requirement...

This phone..support Full HD recording...(1920*1080p)

Recording 1080p@30fps...

With Android jallybean 4.1.2...
1.2 Ghz Dual core processor...

And it rate is also in your budget...

It 's rate is around 17000....
So , This phone is perfect for u....;)

If you want a slow performing phone that gets terribly laggy with a screen that looks great for a phone costing 5k then get the Galaxy Grand.

I saw the phone and it was horrible !!!! The screen looks downright ugly and it was extremely slow as hell after you install a few apps.

Get SP if you can.

Xperia Sp on the while is the best phone for 20k budget..
but the camera as in most sony's that are coming with exmor R sensor , is downright shoddy...

If only concerning the camera quality and to an extent the build quality, Grand is far ahead.. most of the 8 mp samsung cameras are better then exmor RS equipped sony cameras.....
on the other hand Sp has a better battery life .....

Grand is no contest to the SP in things that matter - screen quality and performance. Its not even close. The Grand screen looks far worse than those 8k Micromax and Karbonn phones and performs worse than them to boot ! The camera is better no doubt but everything else is pretty crap. If the Grand was a 12k phone it would be expensive but worth it. At 18k with a 480x800 screen and laggy performance its simply not worth it.

Last edited:
That's why I had suggested SP in the first place. Its having a brilliant camera. I have used SL, Z and ZR all have brilliant cameras in comparison to their Samsung counterparts like S4 mini or S4.
Plus if you feel like getting a good camera with phone you can go for a lumia too.

^^ No, aka911 is correct in that the camera isn't too good. Its one of the worst performing 8 MP cameras in the market. Not unusable mind you but definitely not the best.

Honestly I find any camera phone to be pretty OK to just share a few photos online. None so far other really have any stellar photo quality IMO.

Back