Budget 10-15K Android with 2GB ram, 4.3"<=screen<5"

N

NotMyRealName

I have a pretty specific spec requirement for an android phone, preferably near Rs. 10k

• Price : ~10k but can go up for a good option
  • Ram : 2GB
  • Size: Bigger than or equal to 4.3" Smaller than 5" 4.5" perfect
  • Screen: Glass. Dragontrail, gorilla, sapphire (yeah right), or plain doesn't matter. No plastic.
  • Condition: NEW
  • Brand: Big brands preferred. Worst case Micromax / Xiaomi
  • Considered options: Redmi 2 enhanced version

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spacescreamer

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
ok decided against the mi4i (in spite of getting one in cart rather easily). no card slot, white, and bit overpriced considering...

can't find a cheap and reliable source for the moto x. the good sellers on amazon.com are about $300. also looking at a cheap xperia zr option. a6000+ is again 5".

Try to find a compact 5" phone.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7211&idPhone2=6884
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7211&idPhone2=6378

The mi 4i is only 2mm wider and 4 mm taller than the redmi 2. Its actually only the same height as the iphone 6. I don't think it will cause a huge shift usability. There are no sub 4.7" 2GB RAM phones from decent brands in the market.

I am not sure why you are stating the mi 4i to be overpriced. Yes, it has a SD 615 which is not as good as the SD8xx series but the display and camera are the best in the segment and better than Mi 3 if the initial reviews are to be believed. But yeah no microSD might be a deal breaker to some.

If you want a compact phone that is powerful too then the LG G2 might be a good option. Dimensions comparable to the Mi4 i and S3. If you are alright with no warranty there were decent deals for 14kish from eBay GEB.[DOUBLEPOST=1430589871][/DOUBLEPOST]http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewI...GB-GSM-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-Brand-New-
14kish after some coupons IINM

N

NotMyRealName

Try to find a compact 5" phone...

The G2 has compact bezels but is way to large of a screen. I need a phone which fits in my jeans front pockets, when i'm on the bike.

I meant the mi4i was overpriced in comparison to the usual suspects like the a6000+/yureka etc. pretty decent phones for ~8-9k but 5"+ which is the only issue for me.

Some of the lava phones are really sexy looking, but heard some scary stories...

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NotMyRealName

Price >> specs. Samsung still is one of the biggest rip offs.

Time to end this thread, friday bought a moto e gen 1 for 4.5k. Will get a better phone when the world gets over its phablet obsession.

Reactions: Spacescreamer
N

NotMyRealName

The moto E gen 1 is way underspecced in today's market but 4.5k ?? Almost a no-brainer.

I never mentioned this in this thread but good dev support is important to me, and since i root my androids and move to sd, internal memory shouldn't be much of an issue. Will be moving to CM12 asap. First will have to run the phone for a bit to make sure it has no hardware issues, since even requesting a bootloader unlock code apparently voids your warranty in india.

navin007

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
Mumbai
Sony Xperia Z Ultra /2 MP Secondary Camera /8 MP Primary Camera /Android v4.2 OS /16.26 cm Full HD Display 19990/-

Lenovo S860 /Android v4.2 OS/ Dual Sim (GSM + GSM) /1.6 MP Secondary Camera /8 MP Primary Camera 12498/-

Lenovo P Series /5" display /Android v4.4/ 5 MP Secondary Camera /13 MP Primary Camera 15749/-

Lenovo Vibe X / 5 MP Secondary Camera/ Android v4.2 OS / 12.7 cm Touchscreen / 13 MP Primary Camera 15900/-

Honor 4C / 1.2 GHz Octa Core Processor / 2 GB RAM / 13 MP Primary Camera / 5 MP Secondary Camera 8999/-

N

NotMyRealName

Sony Xperia Z Ultra...

Z ultra !!! Lol, I guess you missed the part where we were talking about size...[DOUBLEPOST=1431509486][/DOUBLEPOST]/OT /Humor

unnamed.jpg