Ankit infotech: honest mistake or wilful fraud?

Hi

I recently bought a monitor from Ankit infotech sp road Bangalore (pcstudio.in). I paid 600 in delivery charges (i live in Bangalore as well), it is a 24 inch monitor and i thought they'll book a 3 wheeler to deliver it.

They delivered it to me at the end of the day, and through a two wheeler. I asked them why did they charge me 600 they mentioned something about their regular delivery service (porter) being busy and having to deliver it through uber.

I checked the charges from my place to sp road and it's 200 bucks. Also, they added the delivery charges in the price of the monitor itself in the bill (the price is 11000 for the monitor but the amount on the bill is 11600).

I'm not sure if this is an honest mistake as they have a very good reputation on the internet, but i don't like being taken advantage of (no matter how small the amount is). I will happily pay extra and buy stuff on Amazon the next time.

Is it an honest mistake or did I just fall victim to a fraud?

It's not a mistake. Don't stress over the little inconsequentialities of life, look at the bigger picture. Think of it this way:

You paid Rs 11600 to get the monitor delivered to you on the same day. The 600 extra was for same-day delivery, it doesn't matter how it gets to you — the method and risk is on the seller.

How much would it have cost you to take the time to go pick it up and bring it back home?

What if the monitor was damaged while you were bringing it, could you accept the loss?

If more local sellers could do same-day delivery, I'd prefer them over Amazon every time.

Personally, It's just not worth spending an hour or two in traffic to go to the computer market, wait for the product to arrive from the distributor, and then bring it back home in traffic.

If you didn't want it the same day, then Amazon or any other online store could have been a better choice, if they were cheaper.

I will happily pay extra

Are you upset that you paid less than the price on Amazon?

Remember Amazon's price includes delivery and any risk assessment/insurance for that delivery.

For independent shops, this is something that is fluid between customers. As a seller, if I incur a loss in a sale, that amount is adjusted by increasing the amount charged to the next X number of customers. For that time period, my competitors may charge less but the customers who specifically want to purchase from me, either because of a unique product or same-day delivery, they will be charged marginally extra to make up that loss.

This is how business has been done ever since money was invented.

i thought they'll book a 3 wheeler to deliver it.
Did they specify whether it would be sent via 2/3/4 wheeler? I'm thinking, to send a monitor, a 2nd person holding it on the back seat is required, whereas as smaller stuff can be put in a bag and only a single person is enough.

I will happily pay extra and buy stuff on Amazon the next time
One of my monitors was delivered by actual under age kids. On an activa. From Amazon.

Did they specify whether it would be sent via 2/3/4 wheeler? I'm thinking, to send a monitor, a 2nd person holding it on the back seat is required, whereas as smaller stuff can be put in a bag and only a single person is enough.

One of my monitors was delivered by actual under age kids. On an activa. From Amazon.
It was just a guy driving an Activa

Well, scooters are better for carrying stuff.

These were how the replacement monitors from Acer service centre arrived:
  • guy came by bus, walked 200m to my house
  • guy came by auto, stopped right in front of my house
  • guy came by auto, got off at the wrong end of the street. Asked me to give him a hand carrying it to my house
TLDR: enjoy same day delivery + working product. No need to overthink all this. Since it's not monsoon, the only thing I'd worry about is physical damage/defective product.

Hi

I recently bought a monitor from Ankit infotech sp road Bangalore (pcstudio.in). I paid 600 in delivery charges (i live in Bangalore as well), it is a 24 inch monitor and i thought they'll book a 3 wheeler to deliver it.

They delivered it to me at the end of the day, and through a two wheeler. I asked them why did they charge me 600 they mentioned something about their regular delivery service (porter) being busy and having to deliver it through uber.

I checked the charges from my place to sp road and it's 200 bucks. Also, they added the delivery charges in the price of the monitor itself in the bill (the price is 11000 for the monitor but the amount on the bill is 11600).

I'm not sure if this is an honest mistake as they have a very good reputation on the internet, but i don't like being taken advantage of (no matter how small the amount is). I will happily pay extra and buy stuff on Amazon the next time.

Is it an honest mistake or did I just fall victim to a fraud?
Nah, just the benefits of same-day delivery.

Like others have already mentioned, the pros negate the slightly higher delivery costs, with you in the comfort of your home. Also, they were transparent with the charges, since the amount was added in the bill.

Nah, just the benefits of same-day delivery.

Like others have already mentioned, the pros negate the slightly higher delivery costs, with you in the comfort of your home. Also, they were transparent with the charges, since the amount was added in the bill.
I bought a computer from them a month ago and they delivered it to me the same day through a 3 wheeler but they opted for cash on delivery. So i had to pay the charges. I thought they'll go the same way for the monitor but things weren't the same this time.

I will happily pay extra and buy stuff on Amazon the next time.
One thing I'll add here, Amazon used to be good, but it's not like ordering components from there will bring you peace of mind.

At least, if you have an issue after ordering from a reputed place like Ankit Infotech or MD or Prime or something, they have a good reputation in the community, and you get to talk to an actual person who is actually able to understand the issue and do something about it. Not some chatbot or a barely trained CS rep who can't understand your explanation of the issue and either keeps repeating irrelevant things or disconnects the call/chat.

How's the monitor. All good?
Monitor is amazing.
One thing I'll add here, Amazon used to be good, but it's not like ordering components from there will bring you peace of mind.

At least, if you have an issue after ordering from a reputed place like Ankit Infotech or MD or Prime or something, they have a good reputation in the community, and you get to talk to an actual person who is actually able to understand the issue and do something about it. Not some chatbot or a barely trained CS rep who can't understand your explanation of the issue and either keeps repeating irrelevant things or disconnects the call/chat.
True I guess If I see the bigger picture Ankit infotech is better. Can't trust them blindly is all

Last edited:
Back