Anno 1404 AD on G31 ES2L

I have a G31 ES2L mobo and want to run Anno 1404 Ad on it. I ahve checked and it runs ok on low settings on a friends 965 laptop. And I am happy with for now till I get a GPU.

But for me it installs fine then gives a "Failed to initialize DirectX" Error window. I have Win XP SP3 installed fully patched form Microsoft update. DirectX is the latest. I even ran the DirectX setup provided eith the Game and it updated some files, yet it does not run and gives the same stupid error.

On the other hand FIFA09, Warcraft 3 run fine. Wat can be the problem?? Also is the 965 chip better than the G31; I dont think so. Meanwhile 2D Desktop performance is great. Everything else works except for this stupid error.

Pls help???

Also I will be happy to provide any other debug info if required, just ask for anything you may think can be related.

The game struggles on my 9600GT, so its graphics intensive. Its a miracle it works on a 965 based IGP, are you sure your friends laptop did not have a dedicated GPU? Intel's IGP in most of the cases, are unable to render the games correctly, forget getting decent framerates. Update to the latest IGP drivers and check

I think the G31 will not be enough to run the game anyways...

I am sure it runs on low settings at the native reso of his laptop. No GPU for sure. I am not asking it to run like at full settings but to run at 1280 720 at low settings surely it can do that. I ll be happy with 15 20 fps evena t those settings.

But my point is it should at least not give an error and exit.

Back