Audio Another 2.1 Speaker thread! Budget: 5K

pretttt

Skilled
Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade my 7yr old Creative SBS speakers :ashamed:. Have set a not very stretchable budget of around 5K.

Actually, I'm confused as to should I go for a decent 2.1 Speaker set for around 5K or should I try to squeeze a sound card in that budget. That would mean sacrificing on the speakers.

So, is getting a sound card worth it? Obviously, when I say sound card, I'm referring to Creative Audigy Value only as I dont think any other sound card will even fit in this tiny budget.

I also need suggestions for speakers. Having followed several such threads before, I see the most common suggestion is the Altec Lansing VS4121 or Edifier C3. The VS4121 comes for around 3.5K I think and C3 is around 4K, but availability is a huge probelm with this. Since my budget can go upto 5K, can I get anything better than these two?

Some things I would like to mention now only:
1) Warranty and after sales service is very, very important for me. Pretty much everything I buy goes bad after some time and I end up running to the RMA center. So, dont want to take chances here. I guess this disqualifies Edifier.
2) Main use would be for Music (Rock, Metal, some hiphop etc), Games and occasionally movies.
3) Would prefer a speaker system with volume controls on a separate wired remote. Would be awesome it has a wireless remote.
4) Should have a heaphone jack.
5) Please dont suggest MX5021!!! I cannot afford that :(.
6) Open to brands like Altec Lansing, Creative, Logitech, Sony, Philips, JBL etc.
7) Some other speakers I have seen which are in my budget:
Sony SRS-D211 - looks ordinary. No idea about the sound.
JBL Creature II - OMG!! its beautiful. Looks like Darth Vader's head.

Thanks to all in advance. :hap2:

Hello bro . Long time no see here . How is your system running ?

Anyways , we'll catch up later

Logitech x540 - 5k is a very good 5.1 Speaker

I think for ur budget u should go for sony srd211 2.1 pc speakers.bass is excellent.mids and highs are good. And it price around 3500. so,you can invest in a decent sound card.
You can find many positive reviews in tech2 and amazon sites.

mathi_vadhanan said:
I would suggest a VS4121 + Sound Card. There was a x-fi xtreme music on sale in the market section, go for it.
yup, this was also my consideration. Also, the reason why I started this thread right now is because I was watching a couple of deals in Market section for Creative soundcards for around 1.5K :) But that is not urgent. I can get the soundcard later also.

Anubis said:
Hello bro . Long time no see here

Anyways ,

Logitech x540 - 5k is a very good 5.1 Speaker

Hi dude, good to see you back too :).

Problem is I cannot go for 5.1 config. My room is such that I cannot place all the speakers properly. No point buying a 5.1 and then placing the speakers in front of me on the desk right? That is why I'm looking for good/decent 2.1 config.

Me also did some searching today:
Anybody has used/heard/has an opinion on these, please post it here:
Altec Lansing expressionist� PLUS Speaker (FX3021) - Rs. 4245/-
Altec Lansing VS4121BLK 2.1 Speaker - Rs. 3350
Creative Inspire T3200 2.1 Speakers - Rs. 3590
Logitech X-230 Speaker - Rs. 3415
Logitech Speaker System Z323 - Rs. 3395
Logitech Z-4 - Rs. 5395
Sony SRS-D211-B 2.1 PC Multimedia Speaker - Rs. 3590
Sony SRS-D25 2.1 Active Speaker System - Rs. 4185
Philips SPA5300/10 - Rs. 5000
JBL Creature II - around Rs. 5000

Any idea on this Sonicgear brand. How is the quality and importantly do they have decent service in India?

well, I decided to stop wasting everybody's time with this silly thread and instead decided to add some more money and simply get the AL MX5021!

Pics.

Thanks for everybody who took the time to reply here. Also, sorry since I said I wanted something and instead just went ahead and got something else.

pretttt said:
well, I decided to stop wasting everybody's time with this silly thread and instead decided to add some more money and simply get the AL MX5021!

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/al-mx5021-162538.html

Thanks for everybody who took the time to reply here. Also, sorry since I said I wanted something and instead just went ahead and got something else.

congrats :D

hey, at least you did the right thing when you did something else unlike this guy :)

Back