Another example of TBism

Not a full fledged TB. Mebbe a TB in training :p And that forum seems to be so lame :p That guy asks a simple question - "How can I check my RAM freq", and nobody gives a simple answer like - "Download and run cpu-z, and click on the memory tab".
And yeah, their mod doesn't seem to have a life outside the forums :p

zhopudey said:
Not a full fledged TB. Mebbe a TB in training :p And that forum seems to be so lame :p That guy asks a simple question - "How can I check my RAM freq", and nobody gives a simple answer like - "Download and run cpu-z, and click on the memory tab".
And yeah, their mod doesn't seem to have a life outside the forums :p
There was no use telling him this.There is post of him asking why the PCMARK 05 was showing him a frequnecy of 333MHZ ,whereas he felt that it was not correct.He was asking the question why it was showing like that.:rofl:

The guy has a knack of being politely rude.
but not better than TB.:p

@sandy453, when TB saw ur post, dis guy indirectly did make him laugh. I usually find TB's post irritating, kicha ke thapd marne ka maan karta hai usko, bt dat reply realli made me laugh. :)

guess what. i signed up jst to help him out. PMs not allowed atm for me, and thread closed. what the ...

anyway, somebody just tell him that AMD systems run @ 333 with 4 dimms instead of 400MHz. :p

i am amazed dis wasn't his first reply!

it wud be a gr8 favour 2 both me and him if somebody gives this para to that guy:

1)It is unlikely that PC Mark or other reputed software show incorrect information. There are higher chances of faulty/fake or malfunctioning hardware/bios/driver or software.

2)It is normal for AMD 64 systems to run 4 dimms @ 333 instead of 400MHz. Dimms run at 400MHz standard speeds only wid 1 or 2 dimms, with 4 dimms it is normal to run at 333MHz and it should be running at 333MHz which it probably is. So nothing is wrong with your system. Besides, it is recommended to use 2 dimms on AMD 64 rather than 4.

3)To verify, try using first just 1 dimm, then using 2 and finally with all 4. (Check manual etc on the right way to insert and/or configure RAM). Use CPU-Z to check RAM speed, and it displays half the frequency instead, so check out for 166 and 200MHz. Download CPU-Z from google.com

4)Leave BIOS at default unless otherwise specifically recommended for ur system and try not to make any unncessary software changes before trying all that, eg: overclocking software etc. U should be able to ingore the 4th point if you are not into tweaking etc.

^
1. I'm not a dude.
2. I don't care if Tom's Dick is Hairy or not.
3. Read the thread title properly, and repeat after me - Another example of TBism.

TBism.....hmmm...soon enuf, those wizards from OXford etc. will flock to TE for all the contribution we are making in enriching English Vocabulary.. So how do we go about defining 'TBism'...??? Keep ur definitions ready....:p

TB, u are going to get famous...pretty soon..:eek:hyeah:

Back