Another indian ecommerce site

Looks like a cool site.. Lets see of there are users who have dealt with the site. :)

The site is similar to our very own KMD's yet-to-be-launched todphod.com. The site is also having almost every item. And the prices are very competitive. KMD needs to hurry with todphod.com

AMAZING site! (if they aren't fake that is :p)

Their deals on watches are really good!

Blackberry storm for 24k unlocked is pretty sweet too!

Darthcoder said:
The site seems unresponsive, only the main page opens.
Probably problems at your end. Site works absolutely fine. Except that its slowww.. :p

Drooling over all the products in display. Site is really amazing. Now only someone needs to confirm its not fake. Bangalore people can help I guess..

Why is it that most of the products have a perfect 5 star rating, and almost all the reviews point to a perfect product?!

I wouldn't trust this site.

I had emailed them regarding their shipping policies etc...below is their reply if it is of any worth...

"Thank you for mailing us, I am happy to answer your questions about 20North.
We ship all over India including Mumbai,
When you are ready to checkout, the price of your purchase is inclusive of the price of the product, customs duty,octroi and shipping.
We have two modes of shipping - Air shipping (20 days delivery) and Ocean Shipping (40 days delivery)
We accept all Debit and Credit cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo.
Once you place your order. It is our responsibility to ensure the delivery of the product in time and in good condition. Also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions and our Return and Refund policy for more information."

" Its our pleasure to answer your questions on time. I have addressed your questions in the points below:
We pre-calculate customs duty and also take care of the customs clearance process. Hence, you will not be asked to pay extra.
We use more than one carrier from the USA to your doorstep.You can track the package by mailing customer support or on the "My Accounts" page.
We will have a customer care phone number in the near future. However if there is a need for you to talk to us, please mail us your number and we will be happy to call you back. Our Corporate Office number is 91 80 42924000. However this number cannot be used for customer queries or tracking packages.
Since you are keen on buying a Plasma TV that is being shipped from the USA, if it is rated 220V or dual-voltage it can be used in India, as is. If it is rated 110V you will need to purchase a 110-2220v Voltage Adapter. You can buy this on 20North (Search on "voltage adaptors" in the Electronics department) or from any electrical store in India."

santosh86 said:
I had emailed them regarding their shipping policies etc...below is their reply if it is of any worth...

"Thank you for mailing us, I am happy to answer your questions about 20North.
We ship all over India including Mumbai,
When you are ready to checkout, the price of your purchase is inclusive of the price of the product, customs duty,octroi and shipping.
We have two modes of shipping - Air shipping (20 days delivery) and Ocean Shipping (40 days delivery)
We accept all Debit and Credit cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo.
Once you place your order. It is our responsibility to ensure the delivery of the product in time and in good condition. Also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions and our Return and Refund policy for more information."

" Its our pleasure to answer your questions on time. I have addressed your questions in the points below:
We pre-calculate customs duty and also take care of the customs clearance process. Hence, you will not be asked to pay extra.
We use more than one carrier from the USA to your doorstep.You can track the package by mailing customer support or on the "My Accounts" page.
We will have a customer care phone number in the near future. However if there is a need for you to talk to us, please mail us your number and we will be happy to call you back. Our Corporate Office number is 91 80 42924000. However this number cannot be used for customer queries or tracking packages.
Since you are keen on buying a Plasma TV that is being shipped from the USA, if it is rated 220V or dual-voltage it can be used in India, as is. If it is rated 110V you will need to purchase a 110-2220v Voltage Adapter. You can buy this on 20North (Search on "voltage adaptors" in the Electronics department) or from any electrical store in India."

well buying a plasma from US aint that smart considering it will surely be NTSC ,in the US rarely do u find tvs with dual voltage even though u can solve that by using a step down convertor,solving the pal to ntsc will be tricky.

I am not looking to buy a Plasma TV from U.S or from any online shopping site. I was just asking...
Anyways the shipping charges are way too high...(Rs.40000 in some cases).

adder said:
well buying a plasma from US aint that smart considering it will surely be NTSC ,in the US rarely do u find tvs with dual voltage even though u can solve that by using a step down convertor,solving the pal to ntsc will be tricky.

My friend works for them, i actually looked at the site like 2 months back. But checking while browsing the prices, i didnt really see that much of a gain so just bailed out.

But yea, they'r working pretty hard to get the most popular products in.

I have always wanted to buy things from amazon.com because the stuff on that site is soo amazing and most of it cannot be shipped to india :( and if it can, then the prices are VERY heavy.

I am ECSTATIC since I discovered 20north coz this site has everything I would ever want to buy and everything in the world is available here !!! (WITH HUGE DISCOUNTS ALL THE TIME):hap2: :clap: :D

I have already spent about 30,000 on this site and I can say its been totally worth it...:hap2:
I had no issues with shipping or any communication.The transactions were incredibly smooth compared to the other online shopping sites.:clap:

(India is finally learning about customer service and satisfaction):cool2:

20north has been my best shopping experience till date !:cool2: :hap2:

( A couple of my friends have shopped on this site and they loved it too)

Its totally worth a try and I am sure if you do, you wil go back again and again and again! :hap2: :hap2: ;)

by the way the site does look promising..but some products available locally also has been priced with custom duties and stuff :p.

I have always wanted to buy things from amazon.com because the stuff on that site is soo amazing and most of it cannot be shipped to india and if it can, then the prices are VERY heavy.

I am ECSTATIC since I discovered 20north coz this site has everything I would ever want to buy and everything in the world is available here !!! (WITH HUGE DISCOUNTS ALL THE TIME):hap2:

I have already spent about 30,000 on this site and I can say its been totally worth it...
I had no issues with shipping or any communication.The transactions were incredibly smooth compared to the other online shopping sites.

(India is finally learning about customer service and satisfaction)

20north has been my best shopping experience till date !

( A couple of my friends have shopped on this site and they loved it too)

Its totally worth a try and I am sure if you do, you wil go back again and again and again!

It seems he signed up to Advertise the site ?? I do not want to be the first one to buy stuff from them :p

Hi All,
This is Karthick from 20north.com. Thanks a lot for your interest in 20north. Couple of points we want to share with you:
First off, we don't have any affiliation with the controversial post in this forum.
Second, we are real company located in Indiranagar, Bangalore (see 20north.com/contact_us), you can get more information about our company and its leadership at 20north.com/about_us.

We look forward to serving you, all queries and concerns can be sent to customersupport@20north.com or feedback@20north.com. Alternatively, if you are in vicinity feel free to drop in for a coffee and give us some feedback.
Good day.

Back