PC Peripherals Another PSU query

spolygon

Disciple
Hi All!

I currently have an Antec TruePower 2 480 watt power supply.

I am putting together a new rig soon with:
Core 2 Duo 6600
MSI P6n Platinum 650i
MSI 8800 GTS 320Mb
2x1 GB Geil ultra ddr2 800 RAM
I SATA 2 hard disk 320GB
1 IDE hard drive: 160GB: Seagate
I dvd writer
Thermalright ultra with 120 mm fan
1 120mm case fan
5 92 mm case fans

I do plan to overclock the processor (mildly to begin with, maybe more later) but not the graphics card.

So the question is whether the current PSU will be able to handle this or do I need a beefier PSU.

If I do need one I will probably get the Corsair 620.
Anybody bought one of these recently in Bangalore? If so where in SP road can I find it.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

it should be able to handle the load, but it would be marginal.

if u can, get the corsair. in any case, u will have to change the psu in case to decide to upgrade some key component in future.

u can short list good psu from the link below...

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/psu-reference-lists-91928.html

then can get approx. price from itdepot/delta/itwares...it ll help u to ask the market price for the psu of your choice...

psu not listed:
coolermaster extemepower 600w is infact a 520w...so dont think its of any use as a replacement for your truepower

some TE members do use zebronics diamond series...it is said to be good...however others can advice you better

Thanks Guys!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I probably will just go ahead and get the Corsair.

I can afford it but I was not not sure if it was really necessary.

Still have not completely made up my mind. Will do so by the weekend when I plan to go to SP Road and buy the components I do not already have.

LoL, the TP2 480W will handle this rig very easily. Come on this is an Antec , and u guys are even telling about Zebronic Diamond.

Even with some serious ocing thrown in, this PSU would be fine. This is a SLI certified PSU as well. Just get the rig done , and test out the PSU. Get a DMM frm SP Road as well , & check the 12V rail for the voltages. If its drops below 11.9 continouslu you can consider buying the Corsair. But believe me u wont need it.

The Corsair was available at Zoom computers in SP road. Its above Golcha. I dont remember when I was there (maybe around 2monts back), then the guy quoted me 7.5k + VAT

EDIT: I meant the 620watt one. not sure if you are looking for 520watt PSU

yes, TP 2.0 480 will be able to handle the present rig..but as i said, i think it will be near its full potential. in case of adding more power hungry components, he might fall short on power.

the config will need near about 27 amps on 12v already,considering the fact that he plans to oc. that doesnt leave much headroom. as he said he can afford a corsair, he might buy it as one doesn't buy a quality psu every day.

but yes, the antec should be able to handle the rig listed at present..:)

Supra said:
LoL, the TP2 480W will handle this rig very easily. Come on this is an Antec , and u guys are even telling about Zebronic Diamond.
Even with some serious ocing thrown in, this PSU would be fine. This is a SLI certified PSU as well. Just get the rig done , and test out the PSU. Get a DMM frm SP Road as well , & check the 12V rail for the voltages. If its drops below 11.9 continouslu you can consider buying the Corsair. But believe me u wont need it.

if thats true ...is it advisable to try the antec psu...and then check the readings to be sure

since u mentioned it...is something wrong with the diamond series:huh: (dont tell me that u dont like the sound of the brand name:tongue: )...

P.S : TE members(who used it) did seriously recommend it before the corsair came in..dont know whether they would still recommend them

Back