Another Rashi Periperhals RMA woe ...advice plz

hawk128

Disciple
I gave my 8600 gt xfx card for r.m.a at rashi @ lammy on feb 1st week.(It wouldn`t give display). When I produced the card, they said a component was missing (a resistor or something) from the card, and it has to be sent to hq for inspection.(There can`t be any physical damage as far as i can say.

And after inspection at hq they will inform me of the r.m.a procedure. Though resistant i agreed and gave it to them for further inspection as i had no further option.

They never called me/mailed me any info. And would never attend the calls. Also I couldn`t go to lammy as I never found time. And finally yesterday they answered my telephone call.

Upon Inquiring they said that as the component was missing,they won`t r.m.a it. I insisted on speaking to the manager, and the lady on the phone transferred it to somebody else, who argued that as comp. is missing, nothing can be done.

I asked them if it could be repaired at my cost, he blatantly told me that i`d have to buy a new card and nothing can be done of the old card.

I have warranty on that card for almost a year more, and I just don`t know what to do now.

Plz advice me guys to what i should be doing now. I have a few days for my decision.

Anybody faced the same issue ? What to do now ?

Re: Another Rashi r.m.a woe ...advice plz

ask him for update the new gpu card for exchange policy if he fail then inform to consumer court ;)

if your have money then why can your update to ati 5670 or any card with extra cash 1k-2k depend if have bill show max price MRP depend on purchase before ;)

^ err btw in rashi they don't have stock 8600 gt cause it is hard to find depend on promise warranty policy should give new replacement card where they are sent the card to tawin take pathetic time ;) for replacement new card

that why u can ask for exchange policy should do better update is better if u have cash does not matter if u need update better hardware :)

Arun.P said:
ask him for update the new gpu card for exchange policy if he fail then inform to consumer court ;)

if your have money then why can your update to ati 5670 or any card with extra cash 1k-2k depend if have bill show max price MRP depend on purchase before ;)

To make myself clear "During the telephonic conv. , rashi guy tells me no r.m.a as component missing and also no paid repair can be done from their side." But I didnt ask for exchange as it didnt run through my mind

Also if i go for exchange or something else, will they give discount of max MRP of old card , say i go for a 5670 or 240 ??

Ask them what component? And hopefully you have pictures of the card before you sent it for RMA. And yes, like everyone said write a very strong e-mail to XFX, state clearly this is not the first time Rashi is harassing customers, point this forum. Ask other people who have expereince problems with Rashi, and attach their grievances if possible.

In short word it in a way, that Rashi does not deserve to be a distributor and you alongwith many others will voice against XFX if they continue with rashi. Those f(*&(&* have been screwing up Indian hardware scene since 10 years, and internationals brands need to be aware of the fact.

Aces170 said:
Ask them what component? And hopefully you have pictures of the card before you sent it for RMA. And yes, like everyone said write a very strong e-mail to XFX, state clearly this is not the first time Rashi is harassing customers, point this forum. Ask other people who have expereince problems with Rashi, and attach their grievances if possible.

I didn`t take a pic *arrghhh*.

But at the time of submission they did show me an empty part on the pcb, which they said had a missing component. and they said they need to do further inspection.

As i know that i have handled the card well throughout its life, i expected it to pass their inspection and be eligible for warranty rma. I didn`t know things would take sucha turn.
Though i have sent a mail to xfx, it was with a neutral tone.

Also I am resisting myself from a new card as i don`t game these days and the card only serves me for my hd media contend.

Thanks guys for ur input. I`l be going to lammy in a few days.Will keep u updated

@6pack : Thanks man.

but The component missing was a resistor (which i could figure out ) on the backside of the card.

also guys if i opt for an exchange do they discount the max mrp of the old card or a percent of it ???
anybody with such experience ?

Back