Audio Another reason to get Audioengines!

Naga

Skilled
Afaik, Bajaao does not bring in Audioengines anymore but Audioengine US had intimated that they're going to re-launch here in the new year. In case they do, I'm going to give you guys another reason to get em apart from the great sound :eek:hyeah:!

I'd bought 2 pairs of AE2s from Bajaao approx 2 years back. Audioengine USA provides 3 years warranty but only for units bought in the Americas and Bajaao is not explicit about their warranty polices, so I took it for granted that they offer around 12 months.

Recently, one speaker of mine started giving static in the lower frequencies and then the sound started completely disappearing. I contacted Bajaao and thinking the warranty was definitely over, asked for help regarding replacement/ repair of the unit at my personal cost. They pleaded helplessness as they were having trouble getting in units (I already had a 6 month pending order for a pair of A5s with them).

In desperation, I wrote to Audioengine US support asking for help and offered to pay whatever costs the replacement would cost. I mentioned I was familiar with their warranty policy (wherein regions out of the Americas is serviced solely by the specific distis/ resellers). And, of course, that shipping my defective unit to them was not an option cost wise.

Imagine my surprise when they shipped a replacement unit to a mail forwarding address I had in NY immediately (after confirming colour/ serial number), free of cost :cool2:! And then they thanked me by mail for buying Audioengine!

Being an Indian (no offense to patriots amongst us ;)), I was flabbergasted!

If they do launch here in the near future, will it be a surprise if I buy and recommend them to all and sundry :cool2:?!?

Btw, the replacement was delivered to the NY address within 24 hrs of the serial number being mailed to them :D!

Woah that's amazing ! I was initially tempted to get the AE2s but then I thought they wouldn't be huge upgrade from my modded 5021s so I started saving up for AE5s. If they re-launch , I am definitely getting it :D

I would view it otherwise. Call me paranoid or whatever, this shows the poor quality of audioengines that they start giving problems in just 1 year.

Why dont you people look at BS+amp combos as has become the cult at hifivision? I mean Wharfedales+Marantz/Norge combo. That would come under 20k.

FaH33m said:
Woah that's amazing ! I was initially tempted to get the AE2s but then I thought they wouldn't be huge upgrade from my modded 5021s so I started saving up for AE5s. If they re-launch , I am definitely getting it :D
imo it would be a downgrade :D

vasim21 said:
^^ Joke of the Millennium :p
Not unless you have heard the modded MXs yourself. Have a pair right here on my desk and I can vouch for the SQ for this over the A2s.

bottle said:
Nice to hear. How much did shipping cost from NY?

I'm bundling it with some other huge consignment I'm getting for someone else, so it's free :).
dragonball said:
I would view it otherwise. Call me paranoid or whatever, this shows the poor quality of audioengines that they start giving problems in just 1 year.

Why dont you people look at BS+amp combos as has become the cult at hifivision? I mean Wharfedales+Marantz/Norge combo. That would come under 20k.

It's been 2 years to be exact, and it's not like I've heard about a rush of defective units. Speakers can go bad for a lotsa reasons; erratic power, mishandling etc. And my A2s came for 10k approx each.

The A5s are known to be one of the best active speakers for the size/ price range. Since Bajaao ran out on Audioengine, I've ordered a pair of Rokit 5s but it cost a lot more than the A5s. For straight cut connectivity+ decent sound, I think the A5s are quite good. But it's all about personal preferences :).

I guess Chiron meant the A2s would be a downgrade compared to modded 5021s , and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case cause Ive heard a lot of praises for my modded 5021s from people who own some much more expensive bookshelves / floor-standers . ;). Also the A2 did seem to have a very high failure rate from what I can recollect.A member on TE itself had his A2s die thrice within the warranty period. The A5s would be in a different league altogether and never had any issues as such .

Also I got to hear the KRK Rokit 6 at Toxics place today . Insanely accurate and neutral :O !!

Since I've heard the stock MX5021 (and performed the first set of mods in the country on the 5021), as well as the 2 and 5, my take is that the AE2 and stock 5021 offer similar levels of sonic satisfaction, obviously with their specific limitations. The 5021 has a more constricted sound, the AE2 suffers at higher volumes because of the bass overload.

The AE5 pretty much blows both of them out of the water, and good though the modded 5021 may be, I still prefer the more cohesive sound of the AE5.

To sum AE2 = Stock 5021 < modded 5021 </= AE5.

AEs were also stocked by Sumaria ES in Mumbai. They were not sourcing from bajaao.com AFAIK. You might want to call and check.

rite said:
audioengineindia.com is the official dealer for AE in India
Like I posted earlier, they have discontinued Audioengine (dunno when they were selling or how they were sourcing it). Afaik, Bajaao was/ is the only one listed on the Audioengine USA website as authorised resellers (link).

Back