Monitors Another recommend a Monitor thread :P Please help

zanderzone said:
Mee too ended up buying Samsung 2233 SW for 10.5 K ..It's awesome monitor

Hpnd to hear abt this awesome monitor just yesterday. :p

Mind telling us the time you took to mount the LCD to the stand?

Gannu said:
Mind telling us the time you took to mount the LCD to the stand?

Well, for me
Around a minute for attaching the base to the stand and then around 30 seconds to fit the monitor in...:bleh:

R u going to ask why there r so many guys who keep on saying that this stand is impossible to fit...
Lets wait for zander...See how much time the genius took...:p

clown_abhi said:
Well, for me

Around a minute for attaching the base to the stand and then around 30 seconds to fit the monitor in...:bleh:

R u going to ask why there r so many guys who keep on saying that this stand is impossible to fit...

Lets wait for zander...See how much time the genius took...:p

Well, there's a technique for attaching the monitor to base.. on the back side of monitor, you can find place on the bottom that provide you better hold on it.....don't press monitor from above as shown in instruction manual....just put it over base and press from the hold behind the monitor.....a firm presss...and it's done :)

took 1 minute

@clown_abhi ---> are you getting DVI cable from DE?

there's a technique for attaching the monitor to base.. on the back side of monitor

That was quite a task for me to figure out, just bought this samsung 2233 for 10500/- not too impressed its ok monitor, its a TN (cheap) panel & has a problem of viewing angle, the colors change a lot within 60-90° so its good if you alone have to watch a movie from straight line of sight, if there are more people in the room sitting beyond this angle then the colors loose a lot.

The monitor shows excellent reproduction of HD movies using DVI cable specially when the monitor is set to "dynamic contrast" setting it changes & adapts to the scene giving excellent view but only if you are within 60-90° angle.

I have a Lenovo 2 yrs old & I bought this monitor for my kid's computer so wont have much problem using it but Lenovo still beats this monitor in viewing angle & overall color reproduction bcoz the lenovo is not a TN panel.

@Zander,

I will be getting the DVI cable locally...from DE means a long wait period and the price is nearly the same...Moreover, i can see it and get the one i like...:)

Fitting the stand was easy...Just keep the base on the floor, hold the monitor at a tilt and then push it into the stand... Dats it...

All problems happen when guys try inserting the stand into the monitor and not the monitor over the stand...:p

@Ranjan, in my case, i dnt notice a huge color change...And definitely not at 60...Coz i sleep on my bed and watch a lot of times...It creeps somewhere after 75 i think...
But if i watch completely from the side the color does vary a lot...which is a distinct featre of TN panels...

Still, even if i am gonna watch a movie on a 22" PC monitor, then it woud be either with 1 or 2 persons at max...So, it doesn't matter a lot for me...:)
If there would be hell lot of friends to watch with, then it might be a problem though...

All problems happen when guys try inserting the stand into the monitor and not the monitor over the stand...

Its so natural for guys to insert the stand into the monitor,:rofl: that's very basic common sense but it wont work in this case.

@Ranjan, in my case, i dnt notice a huge color change...And definitely not at 60

Its actually not the color change but its the brightness changing which effects color too.

Choose a solid Grey RGB 128/128/128 as your desktop color & now move 8-12 inch up or down / left or right from the monitor & you will see a huge difference, My Lenovo wont do that at all but it was bought for 18000/- so the cost does play a role too.

Up & down will cause much more loss in brightness than left to right.

Report back.

UPDATE

Watching last few hrs of TATASKY on it, it has been quite a pleasure specially watching "Matrix reloaded" on Zee studio, getting high quality image but the problem of angle still remains, This monitor does have issue with changing brightness when you move up/down.

Left to right is less & may not be noticeable if you are sitting 10 feet away, color reproduction is mind blowing with many of the tatasky channels.

Inspite of this problem I would say its worth buying along with Rs 1400/- external LCd tuner from Techcom SSD 723+2.1 speakers of your choice.

For approx 15000/- you get 22 inch FuLL HD TV along with a monitor ................best of tV best of computing.

zanderzone said:
^ Hi Navneet! I tried in NP, but couldn't find good price. However, there's a dealer in Gurgaon who agreed to ship it to my placein New Delhi for Rs 10600 ( all inclusive)

navneet.chauhan said:
Hi zanderzone...Man! that was a quick reply :). Hey can you give me the address of the dealer. I live in Gurgaon itself so I'll go and check it out myself.

Hey Guys Even I am from Gurgaon. Can you plz share the dealers information with me?? I am also interested in Samsung 2233SW.

Also a question :

Samsung 2233SW has 5ms response time. Is it good enough for gamming or Can anyone suggest a monitor with 2 ms response time??

in some reviews i saw samsung 2233sw having backlight bleeding...

does anyone of u noticed that... ? does it hav backlight bleeding ?

Ankurkh1 said:
Hey Guys Even I am from Gurgaon. Can you plz share the dealers information with me?? I am also interested in Samsung 2233SW.

Also a question :

Samsung 2233SW has 5ms response time. Is it good enough for gamming or Can anyone suggest a monitor with 2 ms response time??

YGPM........

I'd suggest getting the Dell eips one from Techguy at that price its unbeatable for the superioir image quality that it produces.

Back