another rig

stormblast

Skilled
had to setup a new rig for work today. so ordered some stuff today from lamington. am also posting the prices of the things i purchased so that it can help others when they decide to purchase.

will also follow up with some oc results in the days to come :D

here are some pics.

top - dynet ddr2@533 (1gb x 4), lg h42n
bottom - intel e4300 (q641a stepping), dlink dwl g510 wifi pci card.

chieftec bh-02-bbb front view, 4got to flip image. too lazy to do it now. the build quality is really very good.

chieftec bh-02-bbb inside view, very spacious indeed :)

Psu = Seventeam 500w (st500bkp), more than capable to handle this rig with some moderate oc'ing :)

big 7600gs pciexpress 256mb. nothing too fancy was needed.

viewsonic vg1930wm front view, monitor looks very solid. specs are same as va1912w-3, the difference being this is the g (graphic) series so the monitor stand can be adjusted & also the screen can swivel 360deg so u can keep it any way u like. also something to note for buyers is that although this monitor does have dvi input, the dvi cable is not provided, only the vga cable is there. so you need to buy the dvi cable seperately.

monitor view from the back.

another view from the front
was not able to get the motherboard & the hdd today, so will be getting those on monday. gigabyte ds3 965p & seagate 320gb 7200.10
here is the pricing inclusive of tax as of 24th feb 2007(mumbai). hope this will help potential buyers.
intel core2duo e4300 - 8450
gigabyte ds3 p965 - 8050 (waiting to arrive)
dynet ddr2@533 4gb (1gb x 4) - 12800 (3.2k each)
seagate sataII 320gb 7200.10 - 4700 (waiting to arrive)
lg h42n dvdrw - 1650
viewsonic vg1930wm 19" - 12700
chieftec bh-02-bbb cabinet + seventeam 500w st500bkp - 7400
dlink dwl g510 wifi - 1400
big 7600gs 256mb - 4750 (card was purchased from arun earlier, & this is not the market price)

will post some results when pc is setup

gaganjain said:
this pc will rock solid for 3d work can tell us from where did buyed those part in
lamington.
got them from my dealer, astronomy computers @ lamington road, laxmi compound.

max_ds said:
ive read that week 41's are poor overclockers,waiting for ur overclocking results
results will have to wait a couple of days as waiting for the board & hdd to arrive.

Hey stromy, my Dynet sticks are doing DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 with 2.1V. Havent gone higher as im facing some other issue. Im sure u can get past 3.5GHz with that setup. Btw...how much for the mobo?

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
Hey stromy, my Dynet sticks are doing DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 with 2.1V. Havent gone higher as im facing some other issue. Im sure u can get past 3.5GHz with that setup. Btw...how much for the mobo?

Raghu.

thats really nice raghu, 800 @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v. is that with 512 stick or the 1gb stick. going past 3.5ghz i doubt that, i would be happy around the 3g mark.
i have mentioned the board price. it was for 8050rs

ok there is 1 mistake with the pricing i have written above. the price of the motherboard rs8050 is for the gigabyte 965G ds3 & not for the 965P which i had asked for. the 965p ds3 is not available & stock is not expected. so am looking for a different board now for this rig, mods can update the motherboard name in my post from P to G.

will post soon about the board i get with price & prolly a couple of pics.

^ Skirmish. closed it around 6months back, had stopped gaming since quite a long time so had completely lost interest hence decided to close. was there for 4 years :)

stormblast said:
^ Skirmish. closed it around 6months back, had stopped gaming since quite a long time so had completely lost interest hence decided to close. was there for 4 years :)
oh, never knew that.

Anyways, Nice stuff man:cool2: . How about writing review of the vg1930 :) .

Saiyan said:
oh, never knew that.

Anyways, Nice stuff man:cool2: . How about writing review of the vg1930 :) .
not sure about review as too lazy to do that. heh. but as u can check from specs its same as the va1912-w3 so performance wise it will be same. additionally this has good height adjustments withe 360deg swivel. although the only con is that dvi cable is not provided.
Hacker said:
Awesome renderings/ images Stormblast.

thanks hacker.

Hi Stormblast,
U rock man!. Thank you for sharing this info. It will definately help potential buyers.i stopped by Lamington Rd 2 weeks back and was overwhelmed with everything i saw.Thanks to TE users, i was well prepared and armed with my homework already done on this forum and i knew exactly what to ask and where to ask!. Unfortunately i could not locate my system cabinet (Antec SuperLanboy) in stock anywhere?.They told me that the cabinet has been out-of-stck and discontinued because new antec cabinets are on the way.I decided to wait and am still waiting to see what better cabinet is going to replace the Antec SuperLanboy?..

Could u post Astronomy Computers phone no? do they deliver in Mumbai?

BTW, just looked at your architype3d.com ----> one word comes to mind, COOL! and professional!....well 2 words :)

Thanks,

baksharp.

baksharp said:
Hi Stormblast,
U rock man!. Thank you for sharing this info. It will definately help potential buyers.i stopped by Lamington Rd 2 weeks back and was overwhelmed with everything i saw.Thanks to TE users, i was well prepared and armed with my homework already done on this forum and i knew exactly what to ask and where to ask!. Unfortunately i could not locate my system cabinet (Antec SuperLanboy) in stock anywhere?.They told me that the cabinet has been out-of-stck and discontinued because new antec cabinets are on the way.I decided to wait and am still waiting to see what better cabinet is going to replace the Antec SuperLanboy?..

Could u post Astronomy Computers phone no? do they deliver in Mumbai?

BTW, just looked at your architype3d.com ----> one word comes to mind, COOL! and professional!....well 2 words :)

Thanks,

baksharp.

thanks backsharp. ill pm u the number as i dunno if its right to post it in public here.

anyways people, the rig is up. got it started yesterday. got the Asus P5B Vanilla board for Rs.7900 all inclusive. seems like a good board & it does have soundmax audio :) . now ill try for some good numbers but cant guarantee anything as i am on the stock heatsink as of now.

here is a pic.

hey stormy...mayb a silly doubt....becoz i m totally out of this hw stuff now........

wanted to know will win xp support 4gb ?????or u working on 64bit version????

also e4300 better than e6300????

stormblast said:
anyways people, the rig is up. got it started yesterday. got the Asus P5B Vanilla board for Rs.7900 all inclusive. seems like a good board & it does have soundmax audio :) . now ill try for some good numbers but cant guarantee anything as i am on the stock heatsink as of now.

here is a pic.

bad choice as dynet needs 2.2v to OC well & Asus P5B Vanilla can give 2.1v max :no:

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 was leagues better than Asus P5B Vanilla :eek:hyeah:

magnet said:
wanted to know will win xp support 4gb ?????or u working on 64bit version????

also e4300 better than e6300????

Win XP 32bit supports max 2GB I think

E4300 is better than E6300 if you want to OC but at stock E6300 is better :)

Back