another rig

magnet said:
hey stormy...mayb a silly doubt....becoz i m totally out of this hw stuff now........

wanted to know will win xp support 4gb ?????or u working on 64bit version????

also e4300 better than e6300????

the e4300 has a higher multiplier of 9 where as the 6300 has a multi of 7. so if u dont want to invest a lot in high end ram for ocing u should get the e4300 as u can achieve similar clocks to e6300 with much much cheaper ram cause of the higher multiplier. also on the same speed both will perform same. maybe the max difference will be 3-4% in performance which really isnt that much when u see the amount of money u save.

windows xp32bit does not support 4gb. it shows just 3gb. even though it shows 3gb i dont think in win xp 32bit any app will make use of more than 2gb ram. will be installing 64bit in somedays.

Udit said:
bad choice as dynet needs 2.2v to OC well & Asus P5B Vanilla can give 2.1v max :no:

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 was leagues better than Asus P5B Vanilla :eek:hyeah:

Win XP 32bit supports max 2GB I think

E4300 is better than E6300 if you want to OC but at stock E6300 is better :)

for the p5b i dont need more than 2.1v as i dont plan on doing 400 x 9 on the processor. i plan doing max around 333-350 so that dynet will hit 667 - 700 within 2.1v easily. so that is not a problem. also i did try for the ds3 but as u can ready in the earlier posts it is not available in stock & neither is the stock expected to come so this was the only board available.

nothing fancy. rig is up & running.

here is the 1st super pi 1m screenshot.

cpu - 266 x 9 @ 1.325v
ram - 533 @ 4-4-4-11
also seagate 7200.10 hdd was not available, so i settled for the seagate sv35 series hdd. here is the hdtach score for it.

^ u can push the cpu around 2.8 for sure.

My e4300(q641a) is getting 2.7-2.9ghz with 1.32v(actual). Voltage in bios is 1.38v. Mobo(p5b-e) has insane vdroop which seriously limits 'safe' overclocks for this chip. Intel TAT already hitting 58'C hence running 2.7ghz 24*7.

For people looking for e4300, a piece of advice, avoid q641a as it seems to be not in line with what other chips are getting.

^ ya its good. there no difference in real life that i have noticed while using the hdd compared to a 7200.10 i have in the other comp.

just to note: 3dsmax & vray can use more than 3gb ram...you just gotta do some stuff in windows to get it to recognise it...i wont know about any other apps though

^ ya but whatever u do in windows xp 32bit 1gb is always wasted by the kernel. hence i had to install x64. if there is another way u know let me know.

Nice case. I am considering buying this one or the giga series as soon as I sell my current mainboard. Can anyone tell me whether a TR ultra 120 or Infinity will fit in this cabinet?

Wow, nice. I didn't see that you have the ultra 120. How much did you pay for it?

The fan in that side hole won't be needed I suppose because of the heatsink orientation.

Back