PC Peripherals Another UPS buying thread

Chief-Techie said:
service of APC is good too :hap2: this might be Due Bangalore Being there Base for India operation,cutomser care helps with wat ever u need

OH YES.... APC is onsite warranty and PCM is carry in warranty - Doctors fee for backache caused by carrying of UPS not included in PCM warranty. :)

@CHIEF - how much does your 1.5kva weigh ? :O

Actually the cold boot issue exists since my 8 yr old APC bp500I that i have, suprising that they didnt fix it yet.. currently the battery for it is dead, so thinking of getting that changed and using it with my other pc..

Looks dont matter to me much though but pc user interface does, but then again, as long as the pc goes into hibernation before the battery dries, am happy.

the extra battery feature is pretty good though, any idea if its available with the 800va one too? will mostly be picking up a powercom 1kva or 800va, what is the warranty period provided by both the companies??

Rave said:
the extra battery feature is pretty good though, any idea if its available with the 800va one too? will mostly be picking up a powercom 1kva or 800va, what is the warranty period provided by both the companies??

I think Chief said that the 1 and 1.5kva APC also have this feature of external battery. Not there on my BackUPS RS 800.

I know APC is 2 years and I think the PCM is also 2 years....

Eazy said:
I think Chief said that the 1 and 1.5kva APC also have this feature of external battery. Not there on my BackUPS RS 800.

ya but then again, PCM 1KVA is 4k against ~8k for APC, ouch...

Eazy said:

External Battery Feature on 1 & 1.5Kva

Apc is Giving 3 years now ... that is wat i printed on the box

Eazy said:
The Stabilizer is only required for very high or low voltage situations as the UPS will not work in extreme voltages - the UPS just shuts down beyond certain voltages. I have a digital panel volt meter on in my room 24/7 so I can see when the voltages are extra high and I switch off the comp or I power it thru the stabilzer.... Rememeber a stabilizer will help in extreme voltage conditions where a UPS will fail. You need to monitor your line and then decide if you need a stabilizer.
Which is why if you hook the ups to the stabilzer then you dont have to think about it. Right ?

But the way you write makes me think its not setup that way, it seems if the voltage is either too high or low, then you use the stabiliser otherwise you just use the UPS. Sounds like a bit of hassle isnt it, check volt readout, flick a switch.

If the voltage is too high or too low, the ups should switch on anyway whether there is a stabiliser or not.

Back