Answer needed for two queries(Defragment/Rapidshare).

Hi guys .

I have 2 queries to be asked so rather than creating two separate thread i have created this one.

Query1> with windows inbuilt defragment tool availble why other 3rd party tools claim to be superier than the existing one?
Are they reliable?
Do they really fasten the disk access?
Query2>Is is true that you can put rapid share download link on some other 3rd party website and get a resume support over there?
I have also heard that you can download as many as you want using those sites?
R they legal ?Can u please list some of them here?

A.) What operating system are you using. ??

B.) Rapidshare is a free-uncensored file host. You will find all sorts of legal & ahem-ahem stuff there.

You can host rapidshare links on any website .. unless the website has rules against it.

Doing so however will not give you resume facility.

With rapidshare you need a paid/premium account to have resume facility.

You cannot resume with free/public access.

Again with a free account you have certain usage limitations. Like download 1 link at a time etc etc.

Any more queries.??

dexBG said:
A.) What operating system are you using. ??

B.) Rapidshare is a free-uncensored file host. You will find all sorts of legal & ahem-ahem stuff there.

You can host rapidshare links on any website .. unless the website has rules against it.
Doing so however will not give you resume facility.
With rapidshare you need a paid/premium account to have resume facility.
You cannot resume with free/public access.

Again with a free account you have certain usage limitations. Like download 1 link at a time etc etc.

Any more queries.??
I think you have interpreted my question wrong.
There are some sites which allows you to have resume facility.
All you have to do is post your rapid share link there and they will provide you with a new link which has resume support.
You can download as many time as you want.

I m using windows 7

1) You need to understand the fragmentation to know the difference. As and when files are created and deleted, deleted files form holes in your file system, and when there are no big holes/free space to write your newly created file, it is split into pieces and put in the smaller holes. Reading these files would be slower since the OS has to pick it up from all the places and read it for you.

Now coming to defragmentation, like any Computer Science problem, defragmentation can be done through a number of different ways - algorithms which would be quite different in defragmentation speed, and the end result -the defragmented filesystem.

So, third-party tools would be definitely different than in-built defragmentation tool in terms of speed and defragmentation. But would they be better depends on which tool you use. IMO, any X third-party tool should be better than the stock defragmenter coming with Windows.

Rapidshare doesnot support resume capabality in the free version atleast. Not even IDM can do it 100% times. Defraggler helps keep system fast and it does work, use ccleaner as well, these are amazing freewares mostly ignored.

pinga123 said:
Hi guys.
I have 2 queries to be asked so rather than creating two separate thread i have created this one.
Query1> with windows inbuilt defragment tool availble why other 3rd party tools claim to be superier than the existing one?

Are they reliable?

Do they really fasten the disk access?

Query2>Is is true that you can put rapid share download link on some other 3rd party website and get a resume support over there?

I have also heard that you can download as many as you want using those sites?

R they legal ?Can u please list some of them here?

pinga123 said:
I think you have interpreted my question wrong.
There are some sites which allows you to have resume facility.
All you have to do is post your rapid share link there and they will provide you with a new link which has resume support.
You can download as many time as you want.

I m using windows 7

These sites claim to convert your free rs link into a premium rs link. So essentially it is as if some premium rs user has provided you the link. It should have the same benefits as a premium download.

But these sites don't always work.

I would also like to know one thing here, is there any why i can download rapidshare links (free) using some other site whichout knowing to my security blocks installed at the office server as i am not able to use rapidshare as this site is blocked from the office server but hotspot, file shared and megaupload are working.

I am using proxy servers for viewing all these sites.

Ans 1]

windows defragmenter takes up a lotta time compared to the others in the market hence one of the reasons, the other products claiming superiority.

Personally use Defraggler by piriform which made ccleaner [another great product]

Defraggler - File and Disk Defragmentation - Free Download

Another product which I am starting to like is Puran Defrag

Disk Defragmenter x64 / 64 Bit / 32 Bit Windows 7 / Vista / Xp / 2003 / 2008 | Puran Defrag

Filehippo is great resource site for opensoftware

FileHippo.com - Download Free Software
Ans 2

Buy a RS account. They have a reseller in India and their rates are damn cheap seeing that you are working. Premium members have resume support.

Its too much hassle downloading how you do. Simplify. :eek:hyeah:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

I would not recommend downloading in office. If you are caught, then kiss your job goodbye. :D

rsplg.com site what does is they download through premium embedded by the hoister and thus allowing the user like us to download from his storage. What do they call it.. Premium links generators or something.

try it works most of the time

eBRo

Back