Disciple
Hi Guys,
I was looking for a system upgrade and have decided on,
E8400
Gigabyte motherboard
Antec 4400
Palit 9600GT
2GB RAM

As far as i know, the Antec case comes with its own PSU which is 380W and 80% eff.
But will that be enough for the 9600GT?

Or is there some similarly priced cabinet that i should be looking at?

380W PSU will be good enough for 9600Gt if it's in the league of Antec Earthwatt series. But please see how much power the PSU can put out on +12V before buying it.
For how much you are getting cabinet

How much is that Antec 4400 cabinet costing you?
Better put- what is your budget for the cabinet and psu and for the whole pc?
Maybe you can and hopefully we can help you fit a better combo in that price. :)

Its for 2.2K from Primeabgb.
I believe that the case is supposed to come with an Earthwatts PSU.

My budget for the case+PSU is at max 2.5k, and i couldnt find many cabinets+PSU combo that come that cheap.

The 450W corsair would be overkill for me.
Total budget ~25k.
Am waiting for the prices of the processors to come down a bit, meanwhile thought about picking the rest of the pieces.

2200 without PSU. Referred to as nsk4000 or something.

nsk4400 - PSU = nsk4000. It wasn't even listed on the Antec site when I checked last year. But the "specs" were listed there !

Antec.com - NSK4000

PoBoy said:
2200 without PSU. Referred to as nsk4000 or something.

nsk4400 - PSU = nsk4000. It wasn't even listed on the Antec site when I checked last year. But the "specs" were listed there !

Antec.com - NSK4000

Seems you are right. Atleast prime is not selling the cabinet with the PSU.
I looked up the NSK 4400 as well, and it does have the earthwatts 380W PSU attached.
Wonder why they are selling it withuout the PSU then...

@viruswin32
The 450W corsair would be overkill for me
Overkill for me.. It definitely is a good PSU but i dont really think that my setup is going to be consuming so much power either.
The PSU+cabinet cost goes much higher that what i was looking for as well.

Does someone recommend any cabinet and PSU combination to reach the 2.5K mark?

@ Socrer

zzzz

Read properly, he saying vx450 will be an Overkill for His Budget. also he dsnt need to spend so much on 450W as he dsnt need so much power....

So guys kindly recommend him a PSU that costs below 2.5k....

@ prediff : Buy a better PSU, its more Important than a better Cabby...

IMO

Xentus or ColorsIT Cabinet ~0.5k + a Good 2.4k PSU

ELSE

Glacial 500W (79% Efficient - Decent PSU) ~ Rs. 1.3k

Zebronics Cabinet (Incase u want decent Cabby) ~1.2k

The Sorcerer said:
Just because it says 450w doesnt mean your pc will use 450w- your psu will supply power according to the component's needs.

I know :rolleyes: ...
But my point is why spend for the overkill when something less will do?
I do have the corsair in mind, as well as a CM 500W which i suppose will also do, but then my budget will have to go up a bit for it.

If i cant find a combo within that price range i guess i'll have to check the CM Elite 330 + CM 460/500W which will bring the price up to 4.6K approx..

Any other options which you can come up with??

Thanks for the details sato.
I'll have to check if these are available with any dealer tho.. havent heard of these brands other than of zebronics.

Read +12V ampere ratings on PSU sticker.If its above 20A no need to upgrade your Antec SMPS.

Any current above 20A on 12V rail would be sufficient enough to run 9600GT and E8400

virus32win said:
Read +12V ampere ratings on PSU sticker.If its above 20A no need to upgrade your Antec SMPS.
Any current above 20A on 12V rail would be sufficient enough to run 9600GT and E8400

hes not getting any SMPS along his Antec Cabby.. read previous posts..
tht is y he CANT buy antec 4400 :no:

sato1986 said:
hes not getting any SMPS along his Antec Cabby.. read previous posts..

tht is y he CANT buy antec 4400 :no:

oh sorry dude i thought he allready have Antec cabby with 380W SMPS and upgrading.

@OP

Get Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W @ 2k + any brand cabby(without SMPS) @ 600

Total =2600/-

Sorry to all CM enemy :bleh:

virus32win said:
oh sorry dude i thought he allready have Antec cabby with 380W SMPS and upgrading.

@OP
Get Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W @ 2k + any brand cabby(without SMPS) @ 600

Total =2600/-

Sorry to all CM enemy :bleh:

Can you confirm that the Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W can handle the PCI-e 9600GT as well?
I just looked through their site and they have not mentioned any PCI-e connectors for the Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W.
On the other hand the eXtreme Power Plus 400W has a PCI-E 6 Pin x 1 mentioned in the Specifications.

Thanks for the help Virus32win.

Most 9600GT cards comes with 4 pin molex to 6 pin PCIe adapter, From which brand you are buying?

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W has 16+18=34A on 12V dual Rail it should handle 9600gt flawless.

But still am saying some people are having serious problems with CM , so try to get corsair models in your range.

prediff said:
I am going for a Palit 9600gt.

Looks like i'll have to toss between the hx450 and the CM500W then :)

Palit 9600gt comes with 4 pin molex to 6 pin PCIe power adapter.

Yes its worthy to go for HX450 or VX450.

You wont regret in future with corsair SMPS :)

Tight budget of 2.5k you say?

I'd recommend looking at the FSP PSU's (also available at Prime). IMHO they should be a better option over the entry level Coolermasters.

Something like the FSP Saga 350W for 1.5k + a Zebronics cabinet for 1k = 2.5k. If you can spring up 2k for the FSP Blue Storm, should be a decent option as well.

Certain Powersafe models are re-badged FSP units as well. If you think you could identify them, then it would be a good shot as well. (Will try digging up the posts, unless the members who know the relevant info can post it before me. :))

And if you're remotely considering the CM Elite 330 combo for 4.5k , I'd say you *should* get the Corsair VX450 for ~3.4k , and spend the remaining ~1.1k on a Zebby cabinet.

As to why the NSK4400 doesn't include the EA380 ; I think it was probably done so as to make it a budget case option. Adding the PSU would've probably taken it to 5k and beyond. Although, had the combo price been around 3.5k, it would've been a very very good value.

-------------------

virus32win said:
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 390W has 16+18=34A on 12V dual Rail it should handle 9600gt flawless.

This is a common mistake made while calculating the amount of current/power available on the 12V line.

General Rule is :- You can NOT sum up individual 12V rail ratings to reach the combined power available on the 12V line.

Let me explain :ashamed: :

Most PSUs have a sticker on their side listing the breakup of power across their different rails. While the current ratings across each rail is a crucial parameter, it is also important to combine that info with the next line of data - the Max Output (or sometimes called Max Combined Power, etc etc).

In this case ^^, the 12V line says it has 12V1 = 16A, and 12V2 = 18A.

But, Max Output available on the 12V line is 216W.

Simple arithmetic says, 216W/12V = *reaches for calculator :lol:* 18A. i.e. your 12V line which has TWO individual 12V rail ratings of 18 and 16A, still has a combined power of only 18A.

Simply put 18A + 16A in this case = 18A != 34A .

If one of the individual 12V rails uses up 18A, there will be 0A/0W available on the other line.

Back