Antec HCG-1000-EXTREME PSU

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
See this reddit thread:

Antec denying warranty on HCG 850W Gold burnt cable

Seems like antec psu is not so good for high loads(aka for ppl who actually need 800w+ like miners at that time) but as a general psu with load never even crossing 600w it does look fine for this price(that NZXT C750 for 5400 is still the best deal for psu till date on amazon/fk in my opinion).
I have been using this SMPS - 1000 watts with a 3090Ti and no issues at all.

See this reddit thread:

Antec denying warranty on HCG 850W Gold burnt cable

Seems like antec psu is not so good for high loads(aka for ppl who actually need 800w+ like miners at that time) but as a general psu with load never even crossing 600w it does look fine for this price(that NZXT C750 for 5400 is still the best deal for psu till date on amazon/fk in my opinion).
They were correct to deny warranty. If you see the images, he's used only 1 PCI-e connector for 290W draw. You need to use 2 (from the PSU side, not one connector from the PSU and use both the 6+2 on that cable.)

A single PCIe 8pin cable and connector’s maximum current rating is 12.5A, which is 150W (+12V x 12.5A). So SilverStone’s warranty will not cover damages or malfunction resulting from the use of a graphics card or expansion card with a single PCIe 8pin connector that exceeds standard 225W total power draw (150W from PCIe 8pin connector + 75W from PCIe motherboard slot). Similarly, a graphics card or expansion card with dual PCIe 8pin connectors that exceed 375W total power draw (300W from two PCIe 8pin connectors + 75W from PCIe motherboard slot) will also not be covered under warranty.

I have been using this SMPS - 1000 watts with a 3090Ti and no issues at all.
I am assuming your usage load still won't be as much as that guy who was probably mining or doing some very intensive & long 3d rendering as claimed by him.

They were correct to deny warranty. If you see the images, he's used only 1 PCI-e connector for 290W draw. You need to use 2 (from the PSU side, not one connector from the PSU and use both the 6+2 on that cable.)

https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/tech-talk/wh_pcie-connection
1698271497967.png

I am assuming your usage load still won't be as much as that guy who was probably mining or doing some very intensive & long 3d rendering as claimed by him.
True, no Mining. Bought it from a friend who used that GPU for gaming and upgraded to a 4090. Plus with PS5, I hardly get time to play.

I saw this reddit post after purchasing Antec sp1300, I rechecked my pcie cables and saw small shining solder joint at psu end connection of the pcie cable. Removed the cable, pushed the ground cable sticking out slightly and reseated it. Have been using for a year no issue with 1.1-1.2kW load for hours to days.
Would caution anyone purchasing to check all the cables to see they are in place and seated properly before plugging. Antec should improve their QC, apart from that these are seasonic units, very reliable.

I saw this reddit post after purchasing Antec sp1300, I rechecked my pcie cables and saw small shining solder joint at psu end connection of the pcie cable. Removed the cable, pushed the ground cable sticking out slightly and reseated it. Have been using for a year no issue with 1.1-1.2kW load for hours to days.
Would caution anyone purchasing to check all the cables to see they are in place and seated properly before plugging. Antec should improve their QC, apart from that these are seasonic units, very reliable.
@n1r0

View attachment 181315
This random 3rd party says, but I don't see anything from the OP saying so, and the images he's posted say differently. Even in the picture where all of the connections are still connected to the PSU, there's only 1 PCI-e power in use.

Dang you got any pics for reference?

@Fenix check this post

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday, installed today. Seems to be working fine.
As far as I could tell, the pins seem to move into the socket by ~1mm if you tug on the wires after installing. So what I did was to push all the wires into the connector once I hooked up everything.

the pins seem to move into the socket by ~1mm
The minor wiggle is normal and I don't think I have to tell you but just to remind if you had missed, make sure you don't use pcie pigtail connector and instead use another cable to connect dual or triple power connector for the gpu.

No I used only single 6+2 connector/cable. But I've always wondered what the dual connectors from single cable were for?

Back