PC Peripherals Antec P150 - Who said that the beige box was dead

Antec's new P150 is a real looker.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81500

Check out the ingenious way that that they have got rid of the vibrations that creep into the system due to the contact between the hard disk and the enclorure using their "HDD suspension system".

It should be pretty simple to Mod our current cases to accept a similar suspension system constructed out of elastic bands.

Basically a back to basics design and a price that will not make you cringe.

This enclosue like those used by OEMs such as Dell are using a similar approach for sound proofing. The multilayered approach of covering the side panels and the top of the case with a plastic like lamination does a good job of keeping things quite.

My only crib with the lamination approach after having used a number of Dell 9100's and XPS boxes is that they are prone to scratching. You have to actually leave the side panels on cloth or styrafoam when removed. This is almost like the acrylic side windows but a bit tougher.

I am not really sure that Antec but I assume that Antec used a simalar approach for the design for the P180, the 160s bigger and better looking brother. Perhaps users of the P180 can give an account of their experience of the boxes durability.

These boxes should hit our shores by Mid February.

Long live the box!

Hmm, looks uber dunno about performance. The HDD thing sure is neat and so is the 3-speed fan. The NEo Power 430W is a great bundle but they could have added a side panel..:)

Back