PC Peripherals Antec P180 Case - A Review

heard the gigabyte g-power cooler has problems cooling cases like these with the psus on the bottom. Majorly weird. Just a word of warning incase somone was planning to combine the 2.

bottle said:
hmm too much steel :p let me know if a review of the sonata II pops up
Exactly my thoughts. I'd rather have the entire case made in solid aluminium instead. I hate that painted steel look :p.

Did any one notice that this case has fans in the front panel and they have gone and put a full length door in front of them !! :O I think there are slots on the door for air but these will never be enough in our summer temperatures. Can you imagine having that hughe door being kept wide open all the time to increase the air flow. Man I would destroy that door on the first day :p

Eazy said:
Did any one notice that this case has fans in the front panel and they have gone and put a full length door in front of them !! :O I think there are slots on the door for air but these will never be enough in our summer temperatures. Can you imagine having that hughe door being kept wide open all the time to increase the air flow. Man I would destroy that door on the first day :p
Bad design decision.... The door would definitely reduce the noise audible outside but airflow will be restricted severely. I do like the dampened side panels though :).

Eazy said:
at least they did good with the double hinged door instead of usual where the door is at a 100 degree or so angle from the case.

Well they have left the gaps on side of the door. But ya it would reduce the air intake.
but many cases face same problem.
Antec Lanboy and P160 had open front but they looked ugly to me bcoz of that.
The main concern is this case does not look at all modable.
But overall they have built it closer to BTX specifications and design.
Still a good case. They have seperated the PC parts in sections and of those receive good ventilations its gona be very good case.
But practically how it performs will only be known when someone has it and from the looks of it its gona cost a bomb.

looks neat from the outside.. lemme read the complete review now

offtopic:

guys, when is BTX goona be the norm? asking coz i saw a Zebronics brochure with a BTZ model listed in it.

INtel was planning to introduce BTX with 945-955 itself.
but they got kick in the posterior from chasis and motherboard manufacturers ;)

funkymonkey said:
INtel was planning to introduce BTX with 945-955 itself.
but they got kick in the posterior from chasis and motherboard manufacturers ;)

Give Intel a kick in the Derrière from me too for even suggesting a change to BTX.

If I ever change to BTX I will have to move all the furniture in my room to turn my computer table around to be able to access the inside of the case from the right side of the box .... and Mr Feng Shui says no can do - BAD LUCK if I move my bed and my work table positions. Seriously !!! :hap5:

Back