PC Peripherals Antec TX 1050B

Is there any other choice as well? The Neo HE is very expensive. Is this warranted for my rig spec (near future! )

C2D 6400,

ASUS P5B

2GB RAM

GeForce 7900 (If available, else 7600GT)

SATA 300 GB (or 2 160GB in RAID 0)

DVD RW

dekruzader said:
Is there any other choice as well? The Neo HE is very expensive. Is this warranted for my rig spec (near future! )
C2D 6400,
ASUS P5B
2GB RAM
GeForce 7900 (If available, else 7600GT)
SATA 300 GB (or 2 160GB in RAID 0)
DVD RW

If you are going to get a 7600 series or even a 7900GT then the PSU supplied with the Cabby should do fine for you. If you are gonna go for a 7900GTX or some DX10 card in future and 2 or more HDD, you would be better of with a NeoHE 500/550.

Also if what you want is a roomy cabinet with good ventilation, an alternative is to go for is the Zebronics Jamaica for 3k and couple it with a Neo HE 500 for 6k. total is 9k and you still have a roomy cabinet and a better PSU than SP-500. you can also try for the ChiefTec server series cabinets for 3-3.5k mark.

In my opinion since you are going to have 2 HDD from the start and you will definitely add a third in the future when space runs out :) ,try to get the Neo HE 500 or True Power Trio 550.

Antex TX 1050B is one of the best out there .. the cabinet is quite spacious , and u can put in a 7900GX2 .. removable drive cages ..

Also , there are enough places to mod , so u won't have to worry about cooling ..

The bundled PSU is more than enough ..

thanks for all the responses.

I am pretty much sold for Neo HE 500W PSU. Now, I will have to hunt for a suitable cabby. How is Antec SLK3000B?

Chieftech really look impressive. But, from the look of it, it is going to be really expensive. Funky, how much did you get this for? Is this available in Bangalore?

I got it for Rs.3150. As far as bangalore goes I dont know local distries there for Chieftec. Its not expensive considering its quality and space you get with it. Better than ZB01 / Jamaica for sure. Total screwless design.

I can give ya contact details of distries in mumbai, you can call / mail them and ask what will be the shipping there.

There were issues with some older nVidia based Asus boards, But they are fixed by Asus afterwards. So I dont think any one would face problems with the newer boards. But let some one who is using the board confirm.

kruzader, NeoHE is a very wise choice based on your upgrade plans... probably the best PSU you can get for your money in India. There've been no reported issues on the web regarding NeoHE and P5WDH or P5B Deluxe, so don't worry about it.

The TX 1050 is also available without the PSU. I had found this out from Delta. Awesome build qual, great cabby. Me planning to sell second P180 soon, and go for this or CM 810

Back