Anti-virus software problem!!!

intruder

Disciple
Guys I have installed and configured anti-virus software, NOD32 Administrator Editon2.51.8 in my Windows 2003 Server OS today.Things were going fine with all those scanning and quarantining works.But now I am having some heck of problems running my J2EE related applications especially Apache Tomcat v4.1 web server,
J2EE 1.4SDK Platform Edition8 etc.

When I read the NOD32 manual there were some indications about the app having some conflicts with running web applications, but unfortunately I couldn't get a satisfying answer to my query.Can I reconfigure NOD32 to suite my purpose or is there anyother thing that I should do???
Hope anyone out there can help me out of this as this' of prime concern to me.

intruder.

yes, for java related programs you have to change settings in imon.
its imon which caused problems in prg's like azeurus etc.

the solution is get into imon-setup-miscellaneous-exclusion-add. after that, add the path to the application & the javaw.exe files.
for ex - c:\program files\java\jre 1.5.04_04\bin\javaw.exe
c:\prog files\application.exe(ur application)

remember there would be two javaw.exe files(c:\windows\system32\javaw.exe) & one in the prog files

after that you are good to go, for java web based prog you have to add them to the exclusion list.

Thnks dipdude for yo reply.

Unfortunately this didn't work, the only way I could run my web server successfully was after I did disable the IMON thing.On re-enabling it and after providing the required .exe paths of application and environment, the result was the same.Here's how my IMON execution Exclusion paths env: looks now,

imon3aw.jpg

i have not used tomcat, but any other exe's other than present in the bin\tomacat.exe
check which other exe is used to run the webserver.

also in imon-setup-pop3-compatiblity setup drag the pointer to maximum compatiblity from maximum efficiency...
dont forget to reboot.

update - here's your answer, from nod32 faq's
My Apache server does not work properly after installing NOD32 v2. Some pages do not load at all, some have missing pictures. What to do?

Apache web server uses sockets in a non-standard way and this results in conflicts with the NOD32's IMON component. To resolve the issue, you need to recompile the Apache's library libapr.dll with WAIT_FOR_EVENT preprocessor definition defined.

I have ransac'd whole of eset site for any helpful data n' I did already see wht u have posted out here, but the truth is I can't even find the libapr.dll (search for it was in vain)and how could I recompile it even if I find it.

Thnks to yo effort though, atleast you spent some time with me trying to sort the things out.

ok, thats bad then, but without imon nod32 loses its teeth, i know you would have your firewall on but still, i think you can move to kaspersky or something, if i find any solution i would update, as for spending time we at TE help each other no matter what.

Back