Any 27" or 29" flat TV

Nikhil

Skilled
I don't actually know where to place this thread, so mods, if you want to shift it, please do so.

And I am planning(my dad is planning, rather) to buy a 27 or 29" Flat TV.

The dealer told my dad that if you buy a 29", then it is advisable to have minimum of 20 feet distance between the TV and the viewer.

Otherwise, it will be better(for the eyes) to go for a 27".

Any ideas???

And quality and feature wise, which is the best in India as of now??

Me and my dad are partial to Sony :bleh: But if there is a better TV from any other company, please let me know...

Thanks guys...

And any good reference websites for reviews?? Don't say google!! :tongue:

Thanks

But you forgot abt the main thing... should i go for 29" even if the space is not 20 feet??

The dealer told my dad that if you buy a 29", then it is advisable to have minimum of 20 feet distance between the TV and the viewer.

Otherwise, it will be better(for the eyes) to go for a 27".

Any ideas???

Nikhil said:
Thanks

But you forgot abt the main thing... should i go for 29" even if the space is not 20 feet??
Its crap... i've been sitting something like 5 feet away from a 29" screen for ages :p. Have one connected to my pc to watch movies :).

And don't go for Sony... Wega is more name than substance... that is all I will say. I know any number of people who regret buying that, and many others who went for Akai instead!!!

sony sucks at least those made in india .. and as chaos said dont worry about sitting too close to a 29" tv .. at 20 feet away it will probably be like watching a 14" set

Thanks guys...

And Pixel Plus is out of the picture(pun not intended). It is waaaay too expensive...

I may have a MAX budget of 30K.

Hey but i am extremely happy with My Wega 29" purchased some 4-5 years back.I love it.Donno much about the latest versions.Is Sony really that bad ?

Also mine isnt Made In India :hap5:

the general rule is sit 3xdiagonal for TV and 2xdiagonal for movies. So, with a 29", you should be sitting between 5'-8' from the screen.

I think for 30k you can probably get a good panasonic...
the sound on that is supposed to be cool.. but I can't really vouch for it, when I went there the cable was down and I couldn't get a demo. Then we gave up the idea of buying a new TV

Back