Storage Solutions Any chance of HDD pricing coming back to normal anytime soon ?

effect of monopoly of only two companies producing hdds. wonder if they will be caught for price fixing like the memory manufacturers were some years back. guess not, cause both are usa companies.

How many players are left in the HDD market. WD, Seagate and Samsung. Unfortunately we don't prefer Samsung HDD's anymore. Maybe a great time for them to come good and deliver at lower prices.

P.S. I am totally out of touch with the Hardware thingy from past couple of years so really don't know who is doing what these days.

Samsung HDD unit was bought by Seagate.So its just WD and Seagate i guess.We will get a price war when SSD become more cheaper.

I think they're just screwing around with artificially keeping the shortage going. Many big companies from manufacturing to automobiles have already managed to get stuff stabilised and are well on their way to resuming full capacity... i dont get what's still choking Seagate.

Indian sellers are over smart. Even after the value coming down, they will try and get the maximum out of buyers. Ideally it should settle by the end of Q1, but sellers will stretch the pricing sceranio as much as possible.
<

They will try to offset their loss.even a 50% accruement of the sales lost through floods will be good enough.

Until they reach that target they will keep milking the situation.

Back