Any Chances of Meta Quest 3 officially launching in India

sanz1112

Disciple
Is there any chance that meta will launch Quest 3 officially in India ? Why would meta deliberately skip on one of the largest market of consumer electronics. People here buy phone worth lakhs I don't personally think that quest 3 will not find a market for itself in India. Could this be because of the huge taxes and Import fee that GOI charge for any electronics to be imported ?

Also if it will not officially launch (I don't have any hope since quest 2 was also not officially launched in India), will it retail below 50k in future from the popular importers like amazon.com, mx2games etc?

VR is a small market by itself and demand in India is even lesser. Not everyone feels comfortable with VR. Not many have enough space to move about freely, especially in cities. Good content doesn't come about that often and is costly. PC VR provides the highest fidelity and requires an expensive setup. In contrast, people use their mobiles for every moment they are awake nowadays.

Last year the Quest 2 was sold at 25k during the sale at one point and this year, they didn't even bother to reduce the price which should tell you how well it sold.

Probably will be released officially when they cannot move the units anymore in the international markets. Not sure why you are also asking people to speculate about the price because it will be what it is after all the taxes and duties.

Not sure why you are also asking people to speculate about the price because it will be what it is after all the taxes and duties.
Im planning to buy meta quest 3 for PCVR as I have never experienced VR before I'm really having that itch to try it. However current price is around 15-20k more on amazon, Guess I'll wait for the price to fall.

I have seen someone imported from Amazon US, close to MSRP. Don't think it will be released in India, just like lot of expensive PC peripherals.

It is available in the grey market for around 55K. I even saw one as low as 52K. I don't think the official price will be anything less than 50K, in fact, 55-60K would be their official price anyway.

PS5 was launched at $499 and 50K here. Quest3 has the same launch price in the US. When you add taxes, $1 always becomes Rs100 for us. If rupee continues to do poorly against dollar, it will soon become Rs110. So there is no point in waiting. I'll grab one as soon as my Quest2 is sold. Can't wait to see how much they have improved. Though Meta sucks at everything else, they are leading in the VR space and making it consumer friendly. I wish Valve continues to work on their VR.

It is available in the grey market for around 55K. I even saw one as low as 52K. I don't think the official price will be anything less than 50K, in fact, 55-60K would be their official price anyway.

PS5 was launched at $499 and 50K here. Quest3 has the same launch price in the US. When you add taxes, $1 always becomes Rs100 for us. If rupee continues to do poorly against dollar, it will soon become Rs110. So there is no point in waiting. I'll grab one as soon as my Quest2 is sold. Can't wait to see how much they have improved. Though Meta sucks at everything else, they are leading in the VR space and making it consumer friendly. I wish Valve continues to work on their VR.
I have a Pico 4 with 2160x2160 pancake lens and it is miles better than a Quest 2 for less. Sharing data with ByteDance is another thing but I use a throwaway account and account blocking or sideloading is not an issue, unlike Meta. Quest 3 is definitely a step up, mostly in processing power though.

mostly in processing power though.
pico's platform has less apps to offer and the recent news on Pico relieving their software team makes it's future questionable.
Meta being primarily a software company and considering the effort and commitment they show towards VR, i am positive about getting new features while refining the existing ones.

check this thread. the OP claims that Q3 will be launched in India early 2024. apart from his "reliable source", someone else has mentioned finding BIS certification on the battery in a teardown.
while it doesn't confirm anything, it gives me hope.

As far as I know, there is no official announcement regarding its release in India. All the articles available are from third-party sources.

check this thread. the OP claims that Q3 will be launched in India early 2024. apart from his "reliable source", someone else has mentioned finding BIS certification on the battery in a teardown.
while it doesn't confirm anything, it gives me hope.
Yup it could very well launch in India but that's not going to happen anytime soon for sure. I can't wait that long so I have decided to gift myself a Q3 on my birthday which is in Dec.

decided to gift myself a Q3
where from if i may ask? have you figured how to work around deadpixel issues. i was skeptical given that there's no offl support in india and i got no one travelling frequently
you mentioned you got a pico 4 as well. i'd love to hear about the differences
i had thought of getting a P4, but the news about the layoff in their software team doesnt look. a capable HMD without apps is just sad

where from if i may ask? have you figured how to work around deadpixel issues.
From Amazon or mx2games, amazon would be better in case of any issues I will atleast have a 10 day replacement.
No I don't have pico 4. Q3 is going to be my first VR headset. (You probably confused me with the other guy who did mention that he owns a pico 4.

Back