Laptops Any deals for a 15" Laptop?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi.

Since i am looking for a deal rather than a config...

I am looking for a 15" laptop for my father. The last one I gave conked out.

Requirements 15" good display. This is just for internet browsing. Nothing else. Perhaps a word doc here or there.

And yea, it should have an OS. No non OS funda. And good service network.

Thanks.

Get a Chromebook. If Microsoft Word is required, then Dell Vostro, and he would need to install it himself

Amazon has a deal for a Dell 15" for 25K last time I checked.

good enough for basic surfin .. unless hes doing multiple windows and alot of flash - youtube -

u can bump the ram to 4gb and will be enough for daily use.. i just ordered a celeron based intel nuc for office use.. will let u know how it goes. should be here by monday

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspir...b_14&ref=97aa9748-3e4e-4975-8525-a4ab95c7b924

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-x551ca...=b_9&ref=97aa9748-3e4e-4975-8525-a4ab95c7b924

above two are popular for daily use + more. we can go amd for slightly cheaper

And would suggest to steer clear of Dell models. Dell has said that Amazon.in is no longer authorized to deal with Dell stuff, so maybe no warranty - so buy from Amazon, but not Dell.

I had bought this off Amazon, Lenovo G50-70 for INR 25,475. Price has increased now. I also availed the SBI cash back (Citibank one is currently running) to take the final price to 24K.
Only issue is of Lenovo's advisory against online purchases from retailers like Amazon and FK. That was long while back though.

@vivek.krishnan, Lenovo ain't safe either then to buy from Amazon?

Have you found a good deal? If yes, please share as I'm looking for one too...
If os is not a concern they have lenovo b50-70(with finger print scanner) on snapdeal for 26k plus 10% cash back on kotak cards. The G50-70 has 26.5 price but then there is an offer of getting added 2yrs warranty and 10000mah powerbank for 1099 extra. Any one can comment on the quality of these laptops?

If better you can find it from eBay store.. Will get 10% discount. EBAYTROO1
Checked it, snapdeal offer was still better. I also heard that some brands do not honor warranty of flipkart and ebay sales.

BTW,
I bought an Acer V5- 572 Lappy. 3rd gen i3/500gb/4gb

Price 36500- 1021 offer disc- 2500 promo - 3000 kotak cash back = 29979

Yes, its a gen. old proccy.
Yes, this product has been out for more than 6 months.
Yes, there is no optical drive.
Yes, the gfx is lower than laptops of more reputed brands at much lower prices.
But its Gold in color. Wife likes it.

I dare to post an opinion here because I think its unlikely she will come to this thread ever.
Boy1: What lappy do you use, man?
Boy2: Got an ultra weight 2tb with 128ssd full hd 4 gig grafix i7 with 9 cell battery on a 15.6 full hd and harmon 2.1

Girl1: What is your laptop?
Girl2: Oh, its golden and has 2 butterfly stickers.

(Sorry if the tech girls here find this sexist :) )

Back