Any decent 1.5 ton ac under 35k

Why? I remember a guy said the same thing when he came to repair my relative Voltas AC
Cos the pcb dies quickly, one doesn't know why. Maybe the cos and technicians do, and replacing it is an costly affair. The power consumption difference between inverter and non inverter are negligible, not worth the price and hassles

Cos the pcb dies quickly, one doesn't know why. Maybe the cos and technicians do, and replacing it is an costly affair. The power consumption difference between inverter and non inverter are negligible, not worth the price and hassles

I remember he said something similar but didn't wanted to trust him blindly
@Anjaney07 The upfront money you pay doesn't coverup for the electric saved, If the difference in price is 2000 then its better to stick with 3 star compared to 5 star

@Anjaney07 The upfront money you pay doesn't coverup for the electric saved, If the difference in price is 2000 then its better to stick with 3 star compared to 5 star
There are some companies with upto 5yr PCB brand warranty on Inverter ACs. I watched it in some Vineet Malhotra AC video on YouTube.

I thought all decent companies provided 5 year warranty on PCB. No idea about Haier or Godrej like companies though. And just to be clear, there's a MASSIVE difference between power consumption between inverter and fixed speed ACs, it's nearly 3 to 4 times higher consumption for the latter.
To clarify regarding this PCB becoming non functional after few years of usage thing, I keep asking people who are using inverter ACs for more than 5 years, whether theirs are working fine, without any service? If yes, which brand are you using?

Last edited:
I thought all decent companies provided 5 year warranty on PCB. No idea about Haier or Godrej like companies though. And just to be clear, there's a MASSIVE different between power consumption between inverter and fixed speed ACs, it's nearly 3 to 4 times higher consumption for the latter.
To clarify regarding this PCB becoming non functional after few years of usage thing, I keep asking people who are using inverter ACs for more than 5 years, whether theirs are working fine, without any service? If yes, which brand are you using?
Haier have 5yrs comprehensive warranty like Samsung and 12 years on compressor instead of 10 years. Godrej, no idea.

This is a fact but I would rather pay for a convertible then a fixed speed AC if it’s in bed room. For hall, fixed speed is ok as per me.
Are 3 star acs bas? ,Is it worth spending more on a 4 or 5 star?
4star is a sweet spot. I think it’s just 1k more. Also if you are not using AC for more than 6 hrs daily 365 days. Just get a 3 star. Only hot months will give you more bill, reset either you won’t use or use age will be minimal.

1. Inverter AC's are not only about saving power bills, it is the comfort factor also. Inverter AC's cool the room uniformly and temperature variations are minimal resulting in much more comfortable surroundings.

2. While the power savings between 3-4-5 star models may vary only slightly, you must check out other features you may desire in a AC. For 3-4-5 star models of same launch year, 5 star models will have some features that the company may not offer in 3 star models. For e.g. you won't get 4 way swing in lower star models. This will not be true if you can get hold of a 5 star model launched earlier and currently being sold as a lower star model (stock clearance).

3. Cost of PCB for inverter AC's have come down substantially and now mechanics are able to repair it as well. Also 5 year warranty on inverter PCB is standard across most models.

How is the pcb dying related to the ac being an inverter ac
Yeah makes sense, I'll get a 3 or 4 star then

I thought all decent companies provided 5 year warranty on PCB. No idea about Haier or Godrej like companies though. And just to be clear, there's a MASSIVE different between power consumption between inverter and fixed speed ACs, it's nearly 3 to 4 times higher consumption for the latter.
We already have 2 acs which are like 10+ years old and they work completely fine, one is blue star and the other one is whirlpool both window

1. Inverter AC's are not only about saving power bills, it is the comfort factor also. Inverter AC's cool the room uniformly and temperature variations are minimal resulting in much more comfortable surroundings.

2. While the power savings between 3-4-5 star models may vary only slightly, you must check out other features you may desire in a AC. For 3-4-5 star models of same launch year, 5 star models will have some features that the company may not offer in 3 star models. For e.g. you won't get 4 way swing in lower star models. This will not be true if you can get hold of a 5 star model launched earlier and currently being sold as a lower star model (stock clearance).

3. Cost of PCB for inverter AC's have come down substantially and now mechanics are able to repair it as well. Also 5 year warranty on inverter PCB is standard across most models.
Thanks for the input, a few salespersons also said the same when I went to their store

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll look for a 3,4 star inverter ac

Last year I was looking for an AC and found a comparison chart for saving electric bill https://techenclave.com/threads/need-suggestions-for-buying-ac.197155/post-2255337
Very very useful chart, thanks for this. For my usage, 5 star seems complete overkill. 4 star it is (I think even 3 star is fine!), that much is decided. Now which brand ....... This PCB going kaput thing is making me crazy ffs
Does Inverter AC really save bills compare to Non inverter, if using for 3-5hrs per day??
Think like this. How long does your current AC take to bring your room temp to set AC temp? 30 to 45 mins I'm assuming? After that an inverter unit will simply work at around 400 watts (4.5-ish ISEER ones) on avg/hr to retain that temp, for remainder of the time (only during night time I mean). Whereas a fixed speed unit, well you know.

It's a very easy and direct comparison for me. My next door neighbour has purchased a LG dual whatever inverter 5 star model (4.7 ISEER I think), and that a$$hole turns his on almost exactly at the same time as mine (around 11 PM) and turns off also at the same time (yeah creepy stuffs, but around 7 am), and his metre is outside I can clearly see it. Every night that bugger's AC adds only 3 units to the metre. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Very very useful chart, thanks for this. For my usage, 5 star seems complete overkill. 4 star it is (I think even 3 star is fine!), that much is decided. Now which brand ....... This PCB going kaput thing is making me crazy ffs

Think like this. How long does your current AC take to bring your room temp to set AC temp? 30 to 45 mins I'm assuming? After that an inverter unit will simply work at around 400 watts (4.5-ish ISEER ones) on avg/hr to retain that temp, for remainder of the time (only during night time I mean). Whereas a fixed speed unit, well you know.

It's a very easy and direct comparison for me. My next door neighbour has purchased a LG dual whatever inverter 5 star model (4.7 ISEER I think), and that a$$hole turns his on almost exactly at the same time as mine (around 11 PM) and turns off also at the same time (yeah creepy stuffs, but around 7 am), and his metre is outside I can clearly see it. Every night that bugger's AC adds only 3 units to the metre. Imagine that.
I thinking going for any good brand will be enough, Daikin, Hitachi, Blue star even Panasonic have good feedback. If you are buying locally then visit few showroom and check which brand give good service in your area.
3 units... dam... Imagine my old 2T O'General Window AC which will cool you room but eat power like cookies.

Does Inverter AC really save bills compare to Non inverter, if using for 3-5hrs per day??
will you constantly use the noninverter ac? if you gonna play the game of on / off then better go with inverter ac. also as I said. noninverter ac are blowers with constant speed. so for a hall, this might be the best thing. but for a bedroom or work room, really bad option.

agreed on the points. if anyone wants it all then go for 5 stars, else 3 stars or 4 stars is the best. normally it's better to choose based on the place it will be used and by the person, it will be used. and also for how long. also if some saler has an old model, just grab the deal in 5 stars. difference should be of around 300 units to 700 units min based on the amount of time the ac will be used.

Take a look at this LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Dual Inverter Convertible 5-in-1 Cooling HD Filter with Anti-Virus Protection AC - White on Flipkart

Current price 35749 -1000 -1500-1500 = 31749/-
Installation extra :1200 + 18% GST.

Take a look at this LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Dual Inverter Convertible 5-in-1 Cooling HD Filter with Anti-Virus Protection AC - White on Flipkart

Current price 35749 -1000 -1500-1500 = 31749/-
Installation extra :1200 + 18% GST.
One needs to consider the service as well for LG. in AC Lg, many issues after one year due to high PCB failure. differs case to case but the issue is not entertained by Company! reset it can be said that it's ok. And at this price point. it's the best.

Back