PC Peripherals Any DVD recorders which can record directly from TV

Wraith

Skilled
hey guys as the title says can u suggest a dvd recorder which can record dvd's directly from the tv or a similar source....

any help will be appreciated :)

Ya. Its available. Many are combination of HDD and DVD-RW.
Saw one panasonic digital media recorder.
Prices are very steep at the moment.
Depending on the company it costs anything between 38-45K.
If you go to SonyMony they have it on display.

I think HDD is for buffering. The one i saw had 80GB Hard disk and you can record on hard disk and then burn DVD. I think most of them follow the same procedure.
Direct burning on DVD has many problems, possibility of data loss and stuff like that. Thats why i think they are using HDD too. As a buffer.

i called up Sony Mony Electronics but they say they dont have any dvd recorders.... is there any specific name for these?

HI.
There is a good news for you.
Now a just stand alone DVD recorder is available from sony. Which sony mony you called. I am talking about SonyMony in Borivali. Anyway there is a dealer of Sony in Andheri. i will get his contact no. The stand alone DVD recorder accepts S video and composite video in. And you can record the TV programs directly but it will be manual operation like the VCR. If thats no problem then this will be good purchase for you. The price as told to me by my friend is Rs.4500. That really cheap. I will get the details regarding the products.

I called Sony Mony in Borivali n their mall in Vile Parle too but they didnt have it....

actually a friends dad who is doc wants a dvd recorder to record 2d echo n other imaging investigations....
and if that Sony standalone recorder is available for 4500/- its gonna be a steal...

Heh, SonyMony still has it on their outer window display. Its sitting there.
Unless you got on phone with one of their technical person then you are not gona get proper response.
ANyway. Yep I know about sony pricing. I saw them for 13.5K about a month ago and thats why i was personally surprised when the guy told me the prices of this sony dvd recorder. Its highly unlikely that this person is misinformed bcoz his business is to build personalised music, AV and recording systems and he is the one who quotes 13.5K about a month ago and 45K for those HDD based one.

Back