PC Peripherals Any Experience with canon Ip1300??

hey every1..
have to buy a printer for my younger brother (hes 9 an a total brat) and hence need somethin cheap (which wont hurt if he screws it up in a year or so) .. an hence after a lil looking around i found canon ip1300 as a wonderful option for its price.. (fyi getting it at 1.2k)
now iv had no previous experience wit canon printers an hence would like your general view on them.. an also any experiences wit the ip1300??
also if any1's bough this printer i hope it comes with both the ink cartridges an a usb cable? (although this i can find out from the store)

Anyways waitin for ur responses..
Thanks guys!

One of my freind has this one . It comes with a cartridge and a usb cable , the cartridge included with is for demo and prints 50-100 pages ( told my shopkeeper and never bothered to ask my friend) . He also said cartridges for canon is costier compared to HP but print more pages ( more capacity ) . Printer is good , i have seen it in use . He had problem with printer once and called canon customer care and they were ready to send someone at his place but problem was sorted out before hand ( on site service ) . I think it has 1 year warranty .It's totally worth that cheap price :D

thanks raptor..

it comes wit 1 cartridge meaning 1 black an 1 colour or is one of them not supplied in the box?

an also any idea of cartridge costs?? (i would probably just buy 1 set of long life cartridges later an then refill them.)

My ip1300 did not come with a USB cable.

It came with one color cartridge (all colors in one cartridge).

The black cartridge is not included, but there is space for one. A new black cartridge costs about 1000rs.

The printer cost about 1700 rs.

It's fine as a cheap printer. Nothing really to write home about, though.

If you want to go laser, I think the Lexmark E120 is the cheapest one out there. About 3800 Rs. Prints fine, but it sometimes gives errors if trying to print fancy stuff (like Indian/Unicode characters).

thanks sata..

tas wat i wanted 2 confirm befor i bought the printer.. although its suprising selling printers witout cables an a black cartridge. Anyways now it looks like different boxes come wit diff components (from ur an raptors reply)

so il prob check wit ta shop soon an decide wat 2 do..

an i need colour printin as well an hence cant consider a laser..

Back