Any experiences with Groupon (India)?

Is Groupon a good site for deals?

• Total voters

Zinc

Adept
Anyone having any sort of experiences with Groupon India?

I mainly wanted to ask two things:

1. How's the general quality of the stuff (since there are a lot of generic items there)?

2. Do the deals being offered actually have some benefit to the buyers?

TIA!

Had got a hotel accommodation voucher and couple of other local city deals vouchers like spa and all... Experience was good, nothing extra ordinary..

The customer service is superb.

Deals - I think its become more generic now a days. Once in a while,you will get some good deals though.

I've had good experiences with them.
- A restaurant deal went great. Just that they dont send SMS with the voicher and you have to take the printout. NO big deal as they had mentioned it in T&C
- A hotel accommodation deal was awesome. Received everything that was mentioned and also the hotel stay was great
- An onions deal (1kg for 9 bucks) was great :D. Received the onions and mom made pakoras out of them :p
- In the mystery bag deal, received the product damaged, although things in it were of much more price than the deal cost. But still I sent it back and received the refund without much hassle.
- Bought a camera from them as well as it was 50% below market rates, however, it went OOS, so they refunded the money. Again, not much hassle, CC is great. They listen to you, do not give you generic, canned responses and take genuine actions to sort your issue. Even received apology emails for both the above deals.

So, all in all, very good experiences. Although YMMV for services.

Hmm, thanks everyone for the replies.

Ordered two items, received one of them yesterday.
I must say that the quality was pretty amazing for the price but sadly the item was in damaged condition.
Their toll free number says that the number doesn't exist.
Have mailed them to initiate the refund process since replacement is not available, I would have liked it replaced though.

I use their Spa services regularly. Unbelievable deals for Rs. 299 for Body massage, facial and hair cut. Merchant may be cranky as they feel you are coming to them for FREE and sometimes try to treat you that way. So if you can tighten the screws, Groupon is a great site for regular, unbelievable deals.

Back