Any good GPS software with downloadable maps for Symbian 3rd Edition?

PaulBarber

Disciple
Hey guys,

Any good GPS software for my N78 that has downloadable maps for Trivandrum?. I have Nokia maps installed but sadly it doesnt have maps for Trivandrum. Only some 8 metros in India are covered I think.

Tried google maps. It works wonderfully well...it has maps for Trivandrum..only problem is that it always needs an internet connection. Even if I browse through the map areas before I travel, the amount of map area cached is very small..so pretty soon it runs out of the cached maps and starts showing blank map.

Any idea what other softwares I can try out? Can anyone share their experience with GPS in India ?

SatNav have launched their symbian client, but i dont think it is a free service and i think it is also limited to the metros.

Gettings GPS maps for Trivndrm wud b pretty tough!

try mgmaps...its free and its java and it can work on downloaded maps although it is a big process...it can show yahoo maps,live maps,etc..so choose one which has more details on trivandrum...

PaulBarber said:
Hey guys,

Any good GPS software for my N78 that has downloadable maps for Trivandrum?. I have Nokia maps installed but sadly it doesnt have maps for Trivandrum. Only some 8 metros in India are covered I think.

Tried google maps. It works wonderfully well...it has maps for Trivandrum..only problem is that it always needs an internet connection. Even if I browse through the map areas before I travel, the amount of map area cached is very small..so pretty soon it runs out of the cached maps and starts showing blank map.

Any idea what other softwares I can try out? Can anyone share their experience with GPS in India ?

Have you tried Nokia OVI maps 3.xx?

Else there is Garmin Mobile XT + NavTeq Q4 2009 Map, this map is quite detailed

This one is specially for you :)

SatNav Technologies has launched a free version of GPS Navigation Software and Maps for Symbian OS phones by Nokia.

SatGuide is an onboard solution, which allows users to avoid incurring heavy GPS subscription prices. The software will provide an access to detailed maps for 412+ Indian cities and over 16 lakh point of interests (POI's).

Nokia users can use the software for free for up to 10 times and then either reinstall once again to continue using it for free. SatGuide offers partner's maps for US, Canada and Europe which allow users to navigate across the globe using one single mobile device.

The SatGuide Mobile Navigation Software can be installed on most Symbian OS phones by Nokia - N95, E66, 6110, N82, 6210, E57, 6220, N78, N96, N73.

The free navigation software with maps of 412+ cities of India can be downloaded from here:
Untitled Document

You can also have one more useful product - SatTracx Locator -
Install & you can have current location of your family/kids & friends.
SatTracx | Locator for Mobile Phones | GPS Navigation India | Turn by Turn Navigation

Back