Audio Any hardware out there that can upsample tata sky?

Right now, the only hope you could have is either Big TV or any other DTH player like Bharti that might come into the competition with a better technology/quality. TataSky and Dish TV are crappy and the crappiness is accentuated with the increase in size of the TV. As regards to upsampling, someone in the forums mentioned earlier.. "you cannot make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t"

well i got big tv connected via component while the resolution is good,i still feel there should be a little bit less compression in order to match the claimed DVD quality.if u do want better quality and u happen to stay in mumbai then u can get urself a reliance IPTV ,there STB have HDMI out and have also promised HD channels,also u can use a xbox 360 also as a stb in reliance IPTV.

I tried my hand at upsampling Tatasky via multiple methods

• Via a HTPC connected via a HDMI cable with software upsampling
  • An AVR receiver with a Faroudja hardware upsampler (Denon 3808 IIRC)
  • And of course, if you feed the tatasky composite in directly to a decent LCD TV, the internal upscaler will do the basic upsampling

In all three cases, the quality was pretty shi**y

Some of the highly compressed channels were actually made worse by the s/w upsampling, though some of the less compressed channels (e.g. Sony ) were perhaps marginally better with the Faroudja upsampler

In any case, the idea of upsampling Tata Sky is not worth the time & Effort that will go into it...

Back