PC Peripherals Any other dealers of Antec apart from Prime?

Ronnie22

Disciple
Hi everybody

Are there any other dealers in Mumbai or online where one can get Antec cabinets and PSU from?

I tried at Prime today but they did not have most of the models and only directed me towards the Super Lanboy, Sonata2, P180 and Minuet. They claimed not to have the Overture 2 or the 1088. They also said that it could not be ordered:huh: . Anyways even the price they quoted for the Sonata 2 was 8200 (+4%):no: which was way above the 7342 that was mentioned in a pricelist on this forum.

Also they were quoting 6500 (+4%) for the Antec NeoHe 500. Does some other dealer carry it for less?

Google bhai sahi bola.:)

send a mail to itdepot- online shoppe of main importers of Antec products.:cool2:

Prime is their Mumbai authorised distributor/retailer.

Thanks Google,

However the ITdepot page has been under renovation since the past 2-3 weeks and doesn't look like coming to life :(
And I don't know whether Delta Peripherals in Chennai will ship to Mumbai. I was in Chennai last and frankly did not face much of a problem procuring stuff from ppl like Delta and Supreme....

Maybe ppl from Mumbai can shed more light on this? Are the dealers here more organised in offloading stuff that they currently have or do I need to learn my way around Lamington?:huh:

Try IndMall.

Its run by the same people as ITDepot. But It seems that NeoHE 500 is out of stock right now. They have only the Trio 550 on the site. Try mailing them.

I'll do that, thanks.:hap2:
Its best to touchbase with the main importer of the brand anyways. I suspect if something goes wrong later the dealer will anyway ask me to contact the importer. Happens a lot in the hi-end music scene in India.

Antec.jpg

^^ Might be, or its the itdepot which has increased price. NEO HE 500w when i bought last time, i was able to get it for arnd Rs.6100, now the same being quoted Rs.6500 even in delta Peripherals.

You can still try mailing itdepot. But remember, if you want to buy that cabinet from itdepot, i am sure they'll quote a price similar to prime, and shipping cost will increase it further more, i am quite sure you wont get it for the price less than prime. Anyways mail them and try your luck:p

I have written to itdepot so lets see what prices they quote.

Can anybody suggest one cabinet from the following?:huh:

Pls don't take the PSU bundled with the cabinet into consideration. I am opting for the NeoHE 500 as the pSU. Just need suggestions on the cabinet based on How silent is its operation and how well ventilated is the case (Guess point 1 derives from how well point 2 does)

The options that I have with me are

1. Antec Super Lanboy
2. Antec Sonata 2
3. Titan 550
4. SLK 1650

If you do a proper Cable Management then Super Lanboy wont be a problem, it is silent. Well Ventilated, you can try fit inanother 120mm fan using cable tie in the HDD cage if you need more cooling.

Same Applies to Sonata 2, as it has almost same interior design as SLB except that there is a CPU duct in it.

Titan 550 is huge has quiet cooling system, huge space inside, very heavy.

As for SLK 1650 am not sure how ventilated it is.

I have a Super Lanboy and its doing a great job for me:D. You can as well as choose Sonata 2. You can check out my SLB pictures here http://www.techenclave.com/forums/rig/viewgallery-23.html and here is another Rig with SLB belonging to Switch http://www.techenclave.com/forums/rig/viewgallery-11.html.

Hope i didn't confuse you:p

Saiyan,

I would have taken the SLB but for the illumination on the front ofthe case. I need a silent and non-illuminating case since this will be in a darkened HT room.

I really liked the Sonata 2 (especially the cover provided for the drive bays) but it comes bundled with a 450 PSU that has garnered some adverse comments on newegg. A lot of ppl claiming the PSU came DOA or failed with a few months of usage.

If ITdepot has it in stock..I'll suggest u take the TX1050B..huge space, well ventilated and very good cooling capacity, if you dont have any issue with the weight. it is as good as the titan but costs much less.

the sonata is very quiet, but it is very shiny and back, so will take fingerprints very easily. also it is not as spacious as the other two.

if you still cant decide, you can google for reviews of each of these cabinets and then decide.

Back