WTB Any Radeon graphics card like R7 or R9

superasn

Recruit
I have 4 monitor setup which currently uses 2 graphics cards: Radeon R7 240 with Powercolor Radeon 540.

The R7 240 malfunctions sometimes so looking for its replacement. I guess I need a Radeon card only since my Radeon 540 won't work with nVidia or other brands.

If anyone is selling any Radeon graphics card like R7 or R9 please let me know. thanks.

Radeon 540 won't work with nVidia

This hasn't been true for over a decade. I had a HD5450 with a GTX 970 for adding extra screens. With Windows 10 and newer, most issues are completely eliminated when running AMD and Nvidia graphics cards on the same system.

This hasn't been true for over a decade. I had a HD5450 with a GTX 970 for adding extra screens. With Windows 10 and newer, most issues are completely eliminated when running AMD and Nvidia graphics cards on the same system.
I'm using Linux mint 20.3 and while it does work and all 4 monitors show up, the performance is extremely bad when mixing them. Even the mouse cursor lags while dragging. Tried two different low profile nVidia cards and same result, so I thought that must be the reason. Tried using proprietary drivers but nothing.

Not sure if it matters but using a B450M Pro4 with Ryzen 5 3500. Hoping to get a Quadro T600 4GB GDDR6 if can't find a Radeon soon.

Will they all work simultaneously? I have an old nvidia card with 4 outputs but only 3 monitors power up (something about a shared bus or some issue like that).
I can check that on the weekend and confirm

As far as I know, nVidia 600 series (2012 launch) and newer are all 4 simultaneous output capable (atleast midrange and higher cards)

Last edited:
Back