Laptops Any recommendations for Replacement battery for Apple MacBook Pro 13" A1708 - Mid 2017 (function keys model)

rr9

Disciple
Any recommendations for Replacement battery for Apple MacBook Pro 13" A1708 - Mid 2017 (function keys model)

This A1713 replacement battery from ifixit does not ship here
And the ones on Amazon does not seem to have good ratings or reputable brands

Apple Service Center quoted ~22K over the phone (they replace much more than just the battery apparently )

Please excuse me I know this is off topic.

Any recommendations for Replacement battery for Apple MacBook Pro 13" A1708 - Mid 2017 (function keys model)
If i own an Apple device, i would rather go to official repair from service centre as they have many restrictions for not-so-official parts. I understand the cost will be high but hey, i have bought Apple in first place.

If i own an Apple device, i would rather go to official repair from service centre as they have many restrictions for not-so-official parts. I understand the cost will be high but hey, i have bought Apple in first place.

Changing the whole lower top part including Keyboard seems wasteful. And very pricey. Can you comment on what sort of restrictions we are talking here? Thanks
The quote I have from Apple is approx 22K. Just to put things in context.

What if it doesn't work? Apple usually patch up things with software.. Flashing/patching with extra things might not work for us normal people. A friend of mine got replaced his battery for iphone 6 from a local store a year ago and since then because of new battery the WiFi keeps dropping even if he sits beside the router. Battery is also not lasting even 2 hours on standby.

I know it is 22k from your earlier post. Not gonna bother to be expert here as i am not in repairs nor i know more about Apple's restrictions. I wanted to let it out because you might end up losing 5k+time and will cause you hassle and loss of peace of your mind if anything goes wrong as we human tend to go for little cheap solutions for small time and strap ourselves into unnecessary hassles.
You could have posted a 'want to buy' thread and someone from this community might/can help you for a genuine battery. Have seen this kind of stuff happening. Maybe it will for you,too. Sorry, i actually didn't help you or i have proper answer for you.

@rr9, I know someone in Cochin, Kerala pretty good when it comes to mac service. Let me check, will send you their number. Talk to them, they may be able to help.

Edit: Sent you number and details.

Back