Any sources for buying washing machine spares

abmr2d2

Disciple
Hi, I have an old Godrej fully automatic front loading washing machine. The machine is more than 12 yrs old. It's long out of warranty :) even the extended ones which I had purchased. A couple of days ago it gave an error message "E12" which upon consulting the manual indicated that the water was not draining out. Same thing had happened when it was in warranty and then the drain valve motor was replaced. Since it is out of warranty I consulted the repairman who had visited last time directly without lodging a complaint on Godrej's site. He visited and diagnosed that the valve motor needs to be replaced and has quoted around 4500/- for the replacement. This cost seems to be a bit too high for the drain pump. I tried searching online for the same model number but came up empty. Search results point to aliexpress/ebay but links come up dead.
Can anyone point me to any local sources for buying washing machine spares. I'm located in Mumbai.
Attaching a pic of the drain valve.

Attachments

• drainvalve.jpg
    drainvalve.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 57
There are generics. There is a seller on Amazon that I discovered some time back. Don't know if they have the part you want though. You could message them directly via amazon

PARDZWORLD

They are BLR based but should not matter

Hi, I have an old Godrej fully automatic front loading washing machine. The machine is more than 12 yrs old. It's long out of warranty :) even the extended ones which I had purchased. A couple of days ago it gave an error message "E12" which upon consulting the manual indicated that the water was not draining out. Same thing had happened when it was in warranty and then the drain valve motor was replaced. Since it is out of warranty I consulted the repairman who had visited last time directly without lodging a complaint on Godrej's site. He visited and diagnosed that the valve motor needs to be replaced and has quoted around 4500/- for the replacement. This cost seems to be a bit too high for the drain pump. I tried searching online for the same model number but came up empty. Search results point to aliexpress/ebay but links come up dead.
Can anyone point me to any local sources for buying washing machine spares. I'm located in Mumbai.
Attaching a pic of the drain valve.
I have had bad experience trying to replace parts for washing machine, fridge etc which are 10 15 yr old. Trust me, buy new and peace of mind.

Any pointers anyone?

These parts should be easy to find, I'm not in Mumbai but I've replaced similar parts from our 2007 washing machine as recently as earlier this year. They're not nearly that expensive, not even one-third. Shops that carry these spares should be in or around other stores that sell plumbing, tiles, switches, lights, fans.

There's many youtube videos showing how to repair these kind of appliances, usually by someone speaking in a dravidian language. I don't understand a word but the videos are easy to follow along. Drain valves are a little messy to replace because you need reseal the thing.

You may not find the exact same assembly, but you should be able to find a similar motor that can used as a replacement and will have similar mounting holes. There are no 'original' mechanical parts for common household appliances like washing machine, geyser, stove, chimney, even non-inverter AC's — it's all the same mass produced stuff in everything. The difference in brands is mostly down to appearance and after-sales service.

To explain the high cost of repairs of these simple appliances, you're not actually paying for the component, you're paying for someone to bring you that component and install it in your home. So it makes sense for someone whose time is more valuable than the cost of these repairs.

There are generics. There is a seller on Amazon that I discovered some time back. Don't know if they have the part you want though. You could message them directly via amazon

PARDZWORLD

They are BLR based but should not matter
Thanks for the link @blr_p
You may not find the exact same assembly, but you should be able to find a similar motor that can used as a replacement and will have similar mounting holes. There are no 'original' mechanical parts for common household appliances like washing machine, geyser, stove, chimney, even non-inverter AC's — it's all the same mass produced stuff in everything. The difference in brands is mostly down to appearance and after-sales service.

To explain the high cost of repairs of these simple appliances, you're not actually paying for the component, you're paying for someone to bring you that component and install it in your home. So it makes sense for someone whose time is more valuable than the cost of these repairs.
Yep trying to find a compatible one if not the exact model. And what you said about the cost is absolutely true, one is indeed paying for the hassle of getting doorstep repair. You wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount but most of the repair guys quote very high figures.

I have had bad experience trying to replace parts for washing machine, fridge etc which are 10 15 yr old. Trust me, buy new and peace of mind.
My very own experience. If you buy parts and the parts don't fit or work then you can't send the parts back and you end up spending on the new part and buying a new machine eventually. Extra waste of money. If the replacement part and other costs are 4k, better to buy a new machine. You'll probably get around 1+k for the old machine if you go to a local shop keeper and buy a new wm from them under exchange.

Back