PC Peripherals Any special care to be taken when writing DVD Rw's?

Chand

Disciple
This is a problem that I had sidelined for a while.
Ok this is how it go's;

Had purchasd an Iomega Super DVD writer sometime during Nov/Dec 2004. It did everything as it should except write DVD RW's.
I used Moser Baer DVD+RW (4x, 4.7GB) and Nero Burning Rom Software. It wrote the data but failed to varify. {Before writing the data it preformats the necessary part of the disk}
Hotburn - software bundled with the drive still detected the disk as unformated, and when it was allowed to do a complete format it failed with a disk error after about 80% of the process was completed. Tried another Moser Baer DVD+RW, same story

Next I got the drive replaced with a brand new one, but still no success. The only thing different happening now is that while formatting with Horburn I get a more specific error message indicating that there is a bad sector at the beginning of the disk.

Whats happening here? Is it that Iomega & Moser Baer DVD+RW dont like each other????

I suggest you take the same discs to a friends place with another DVD-Writer and try it in the EXACT same way as you tried on your writer.... if the problem still persists, then I guess, your RW is at fault.

If that works, then try some other Rw on your Iomega. If it works, then that means that iomega and MoserBaer do not like each other ;) s

I wonder why all you guys keep saying that...... I have a LiteOn and it works flawlessly.... I have not wasted a single disc...... I have burned CDs, CD-RWs, DVD+Rs, amd DVD+RWs..... NO PROBLEMS whatsoever....

And I use only ModerBaer or Verbatim ir Sony discs..... so, I guess that also counts,......

And I get good speeds......

Thanks for pointing that out!
Firmware = a computer program stored on a ROM chip ;)

How can I know the firmware version that I'm currently using?

If you're using Nero, you can try out "Nero Info Tool" - will show you a whole bunch of details about your Drive, including Firmware version :)
If you could give the exact Iomega model number, perhaps we can try linking you directly to a firmware update as well.

Back