any suggestions for car stereo player with USB slot

like the title says... is there a car stereo player with a USB drive inbuilt that can play mp3 files ...
any suggestions ... (has to be available in india)

Get a Blaupunkt MP47 or a similar alpine if you really care about audio quality. The entry level pioneer/kenwood/sony xplod stuff sounds like rubbish frankly. Just a lot of boom boom boom and tinny highs.

Chaos said:
Get a Blaupunkt MP47 or a similar alpine if you really care about audio quality. The entry level pioneer/kenwood/sony xplod stuff sounds like rubbish frankly. Just a lot of boom boom boom and tinny highs.
Sony / Kenwood I agree, definitely not Pioneer.

Btw, the entry-level Blaupunkt also sounds crap, its the MP47 your Cedia has that's the starting point for deceny in the Blaupunkt range ;)

The entry level pioneer/kenwood/sony xplod stuff sounds like rubbish

Not sure abt the Kenwood and Sony but I know for a fact that the entire Pioneer HU range starting from the cheap P1950 to the P9850 uses exactly the same MOSFET amplifier

Any sound difference percieved is thus just a phantom effect arising perhaps out of the belief that expensive is necessarily better :bleh:

superczar said:
Not sure abt the Kenwood and Sony but I know for a fact that the entire Pioneer HU range starting from the cheap P1950 to the P9850 uses exactly the same MOSFET amplifier

Any sound difference percieved is thus just a phantom effect arising perhaps out of the belief that expensive is necessarily better :bleh:
^ Same power ratings, the DAC's and component quality differs my friend ;)

Nopes, the only difference between the different series is in the peripherals and the DSP, not the DAC and the amp components...

The DAC and amp are on the same board in the Pioneers...and the same board is used across the DEH series...

So assuming if you were to put the EQ as flat and the DSP off, and obviously assuming the speakers are the same, th Pio 7950 should sound exactly the same as say a 2950

superczar said:
Nopes, the only difference between the different series is in the peripherals and the DSP, not the DAC and the amp components...
The DAC and amp are on the same board in the Pioneers...and the same board is used across the DEH series...

So assuming if you were to put the EQ as flat and the DSP off, and obviously assuming the speakers are the same, th Pio 7950 should sound exactly the same as say a 2950

The DAC on the 7950 differs from the rest AFAIK. Atleast Pio advertises it as a 24bit sigma delta, whereas the others have no such mention. The amp sections are exactly the same in all of them. 50W max and around 18W rms. Better to get an external amp compared to using the stupid mosfet ones. The difference is substantial. I got lucky cos mitsu had one in my car from factory :p. I've not heard the 7950 but the 6950 sounded pretty bad compared to the blaupunkts that I've heard so far. Even with the DSP completely disabled, the output was far from flat. Alpines are even better but unfortunately they are ridiculously priced in India.

Chaos said:
The DAC on the 7950 differs from the rest AFAIK. Atleast Pio advertises it as a 24bit sigma delta, whereas the others have no such mention. The amp sections are exactly the same in all of them. 50W max and around 18W rms. Better to get an external amp compared to using the stupid mosfet ones. The difference is substantial. I got lucky cos mitsu had one in my car from factory :p. I've not heard the 7950 but the 6950 sounded pretty bad compared to the blaupunkts that I've heard so far. Even with the DSP completely disabled, the output was far from flat. Alpines are even better but unfortunately they are ridiculously priced in India.

howmuch does that blaupunkts costs? :p

Chaos said:

I dont agree.....the 7950 sound quite good.

Chaos said:

superczar said:

I totally agree with you the internal MOSFET is useless I would anyday prefer a external amp.......about the DAC section the 7950 is having a better one than the 2950 ......but deciding on the sound with the HU in a car with AMP and Speaker would make a lots of differnce....so judging it directly is not the way to go....I would suggest to do AXB comparison for the same..with replacing the Pioneer and Blau with the same set of equipment.

Chaos said:
I think the cheapest decent one is around 8 grand. They are not flashy with millions of lights like the pio either :p.

Blaupunkt - Head-units - MP3 Head-units - Maui MP36

The Blau HU are ok ok and they sound just right nothing flashy I presume but the later pioneer series is quite good and sounds better than the rest in the market including alpine as in the recent years there quality and features are going absent.....but Pioneer HU are way better when compared to the rest....

Also I would suggest to check out both and listen to them both Blau and Pioneer before buying and also do the features comparison also....before finalizing anyone of them.

low_bass_makker said:
Also I would suggest to check out both and listen to them both Blau and Pioneer before buying and also do the features comparison also....before finalizing anyone of them.

any word on the 4950? i want something cheap for now and preferring the 4950 over the 2950 only coz of the ir remote included in the former..

but i soo want a 7950... :(

low_bass_makker said:
I dont agree.....the 7950 sound quite good.

The Blau HU are ok ok and they sound just right nothing flashy I presume but the later pioneer series is quite good and sounds better than the rest in the market including alpine as in the recent years there quality and features are going absent.....but Pioneer HU are way better when compared to the rest....

As I said... I've not heard the 7950. It might sound great as it has a completely different DAC section compared to the cheaper units. Might be the reason why you swear by it :). The Blau Bahamas MP46 in my car sounds way way better than the Pio 6950. I hate bass boosters and DSPs. Had all of them disabled and then compared. The 6950 had a clear emphasis on the bass and highs inspite of that compared to the blaupunkt MP46 in the shop which sounded absolutely flat with hardly any coloration. X-Bass/Super Bass and what not were all disabled when I heard them.

@Rave: To my ears, Blau MP36/46 sounds better than the Pio 2950/3950/4950/6950. Bucketloads of features and flashy screens are pointless if the sound is colored.

Chaos said:
As I said... I've not heard the 7950. It might sound great as it has a completely different DAC section compared to the cheaper units. Might be the reason why you swear by it :). The Blau Bahamas MP46 in my car sounds way way better than the Pio 6950. I hate bass boosters and DSPs. Had all of them disabled and then compreared. The 6950 had a clear emphasis on the bass and highs inspite of that compared to the blaupunkt MP46 in the shop which sounded absolutely flat with hardly any coloration. X-Bass/Super Bass and what not were all disabled when I heard them.

@Rave: To my ears, Blau MP36/46 sounds better than the Pio 2950/3950/4950/6950. Bucketloads of features and flashy screens are pointless if the sound is colored.
I totally agree with you here...I dont swear that pioneer 7950 is the best on sound but has host of lot feature which a good HU must have....so I would suggest to listen to both of them before buying....

Earlier I was using 8850 pioneer it had good sound not so bright and muddy it was well balanced and musical....now I am using pioneer reference series P880RS is out of the world experience...it is smooth and the vocals are rich....

Back