Car & Bike Any user reviews on the 2018 Honda Amaze ?

sunily

Disciple
Hi All,

I am looking to buy new car. I am Santro owner for last 14 years but don't want to go with Hyundai again with their i20 model.

Daily running would be 25 km.
Don't want to go with Maruti's Baleno.

Budget 8-8.5L on road price

Visited Honda showroom and shortlisted new Amaze V Manual Petol.

Exterior looking good compare to old model.
Took a test drive and that is also fine.

Also took a drive of Honda City, but City is City and it is out of my budget.

Got mixed reviews about Amaze on internet. Does anyone have it or give fair feedback?

I don't want to go with base variant of any car. I would prefer 1 or 2 down from top.

Amaze V (1 down from top) is costing 8.2
City (2 down from top) with same features cost 11L

Don't want to go with Tata/Maruti.

I feel Amaze is good in look wise and on performance. I took test drive myself and by their expert who showed its ABS EBD power, stability, pickup etc. Even he said Amaze have more stability than city. Even if he didn't said that, city is out of my budget.

I objective of posting it here is I need fair feedback from those who are using it for more than few weeks.

If you have Honda in mind and pretty much inclined towards amaze then go for it. Honda cars will serve you loyally 15+yrs. Saying coz my family members using almost all Honda cars since 20+ yrs and we still got old citys running in top 10 conditions among new variants and flavors like crv, civic, accords, brv and city.

Why can't post in forums which are dedicated to Automobiles? You will get more information than here. You can try gearheads & team-bhp

Team bhp? Well signing up there itself is like taking admission for IIM or IIT or cracking GRE.

Best is to try the automotive india forum. very cool and local desi guys with tons of advices and mods.

It may apply here .
I have a 2013 Amaze vxmt i-dtech .
No problems at all . Slightly noisy diesel .
But lots of torque and much better feel than my DZire vdi 2013 .
Hope this helps .
Beyond this check out the Amaze thread on team bhp . I post there too .

Cheers !
Ankush (Anky on team bhp).

Team bhp? Well signing up there itself is like taking admission for IIM or IIT or cracking GRE.

Best is to try the automotive india forum. very cool and local desi guys with tons of advices and mods.

Lmao, after 2 unsuccessful attempts, I gave up. Not sure what they are trying to achieve.

Note: I have cracked CAT though :p

Lmao, after 2 unsuccessful attempts, I gave up. Not sure what they are trying to achieve.

Hahahaha

Sad that they don't consider any other score of different domain :p[DOUBLEPOST=1532346739][/DOUBLEPOST]Should I go with RSA (Road Side Assistance) and 4th and 5th your warranty?
They also quoting teflon and anti-rust coating for 8100/-.

Does it worth to get it done from them only or from outside?
Outside I get it in 2500+1500=4000/- (max)

Last edited:

Hmmm. I got in on my first attempt. Wrote a small paragraph about my past forum experiences and even dropped the name of TE. Wrote about why I wanted to join and that was it. Gannu from here is now a mod there. Crazy Eddy is also on there as are other old TE members.
Saw many other people get in on first attempt as well. I am guessing they want people to articulate themselves and the reason for joining. And understand already, the ethos of TeamBHP and how to post there. My posts have barely been in any of tge automotive forums over there. It's a fun place to hang out for sure.

Should I go with RSA (Road Side Assistance) and 4th and 5th your warranty?

Definitely get RSA. Ask if extended warranty can be taken later and how much extra it would cost and decide then.
Don't get any treatments done from them. The actual guys who do the treatments, only get anywhere from 30-50% of the amount you pay. And they don't even do a good job. Get anti-rust done from outside where you can see actually how much of the stuff they are applying to the car. Get it done only where you are allowed to see it.
Also, get your own insurance on which get NCB transferred from your older policy.

Hmmm. I got in on my first attempt. Wrote a small paragraph about my past forum experiences and even dropped the name of TE. Wrote about why I wanted to join and that was it. Gannu from here is now a mod there. Crazy Eddy is also on there as are other old TE members.
Saw many other people get in on first attempt as well. I am guessing they want people to articulate themselves and the reason for joining. And understand already, the ethos of TeamBHP and how to post there. My posts have barely been in any of tge automotive forums over there. It's a fun place to hang out for sure.
Same here got in on my first try, I did not even bothered to chose my username used my real name thinking they don't let user register easily so thought they will not let me also. But it was easy. This was in 2008, Dam time flies.

Hahahaha

Sad that they don't consider any other score of different domain :p[DOUBLEPOST=1532346739][/DOUBLEPOST]Should I go with RSA (Road Side Assistance) and 4th and 5th your warranty?

RSA is not much of use how many time the cars break down on highways, If in city then you can easily find mechanic. As for extended warranty i would personally take it, Don't go for Teflon or anti rust it total waste specially the Teflon.

@rdst_1 Extended warranty- Will cost more if bought after 6/8 months.

Extended warranty of 4th and 5th year costs 11500/- and RSA 4850/-.

Zero dep (Difference+Engine protection/Hydrostatic lock) is 6000/- and I think it worth it.

I just checked with showroom, they said I can avail extended warranty later but that will cost 20-22k.

My daily running would be 20-30 km. Do you guys think that after 3 years honda car engine boof up.
Or I pay 11.5k now and get peace for 2 more years.

What if same happen after 5 years?

Last edited:
Finally, All New Honda Amaze at home. Post the pics soon.

V MT - Petrol (Modern Steel Metalic color)
8.10L with just utility package.
Will get the chrome work done from Kashmiri gate as showroom were also not taking guarantee then why to spend 10.5k which I can get in 5-6k from there.

BTW, same color shown online or in booklet is completely different.

Attachments

• MSM_shown_online.jpg
    MSM_shown_online.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MSM_shown_showroom.jpg
    MSM_shown_showroom.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 150
Same here got in on my first try, I did not even bothered to chose my username used my real name thinking they don't let user register easily so thought they will not let me also. But it was easy. This was in 2008, Dam time flies.
lol I got in same time too,

Finally, All New Honda Amaze at home. Post the pics soon.

V MT - Petrol (Modern Steel Metalic color)
8.10L with just utility package.
Will get the chrome work done from Kashmiri gate as showroom were also not taking guarantee then why to spend 10.5k which I can get in 5-6k from there.

BTW, same color shown online or in booklet is completely different.

Good color

Back