Any War thunder players?

bigBrotha

Recruit
Hey Guy,
Whatsup, Well I m new here, I would love to know if there are any "War Thunder" gamers here.
As you might know that WAR Thunder is a free multiplayer dogfighting game involving WW2 fighter planes.

Recently gaijin (creator of WT) has launcher Tanks version too..though that is paid. I am sure the experience will be super cool to like the Plane version.

The dogfights are intense and better than anything I have played before.
The best part of this game is completely free
icon_smile.gif
you cand download it freely from the website (just google).

You can find me there by the name of : skyDiver
icon_smile.gif
but plz dont be on my opponent's team ...ha ha .

C ya around

http://warthunder.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have come across. But since i already own BF3/4 i don't try out military shooter anymore ... even if they are free.

@Kruger
Bro, it is not a military shooter...it is a airplane dogfight game with pretty descent graphics, you can check out videos in youtube.

Sorry i was not clear. I meant in the sense anything which is military/navy/defence/army based.
This is why i have not tried World of Tanks or World of Warplanes and not looking forward to World of Warships.
But hope u find someone, coz i found LoL more enjoyable with a duo partner.

Ya I understand. No problem, dude. You know , there are a lot of players from other countries and it is getting more popular.
But I see very few Indians ..mostly *KOVs and *DOVs and Brits too. :) Anyways...I enjoy a lot shooting people in the sky and killing them with my 37mm cannon :) haha

I did consider the game during the BETA but lack of an Asian server put me off.
Is there an Asian server for the game now?
I also remember the game being more "arcade" than "sim".
Does the game still favor a mouse & keyboard for flying over a proper Joystick? I recall that was an issue at the time with Joystick users being at a disadvantage over Keyb/mouse users who were essentially flying the planes like a "first person shooter" rather than as a sim...

Hi @Rickyk,
Currently the game has 1.37 patch. It mostly fixed all the bugs and it's stable now for around 3 months.
I think the issue related to joystick is resolved now, as I heard in the WT forum, that people liked the new control layouts. I use mouse +keyboard so not much idea on that buddy.
Will check that in the WT forum for sure.

The game now has 3 modes of battles : Arcade, Realistic , Simulator.
Sim battles are insanely real, I find it really hard to play in that mode. Takeoff's are a pain in the ***. I crash most of the time ..lol....again shooting is tought too.

Realistic mode is good, there is no angle of attack crosshair, you will have to assume the point where your bullets will go.
Arcade is simple, though Capture Bases levels are pretty tough, when you have good opponents.

You can always change camera modes in the game. You can play as in sim in all three modes. Press 'V' while in flight.

Ya now they have Asian, European and US servers , all running.

Best part is......if you chose Arcade mode and choose any server available -> there is hardly any waiting time in lobby and you will always join a match from the beginning.

Hope this answers your queries.

Soon they will be launching the WT Tanks .....just waiting for that update...it's in BETA now.

Hey, was following the game, but didn't download it. didn't have time.
ill download it soon by marrow, Lets play :D !

Next time you load the game, can you check and tell me the IP of the Asian server so I can check my ping?

Also you said -
"You can always change camera modes in the game."

So you mean you can switch to 3rd POV, see where your enemies are, then instantly switch back to 1st POV and proceed to kill them?! I certainly hope that's not true...

@Rickyk,
Sorry mate, I checked yesterday in WT forums to find that the asian servers are yet to be launched. No ETA though. But does it matter ? I dont know.
Currently they have :US, EU and RU servers and I hardly find "BAD NETWORK CONNECTION" in those , the concern about asian servers is raised long back by some one in WT forum and was answered as there is no ETA as such but the it will be available soon.

On default settings in Arcade mode, the game starts in 3rd POV as if you are outside the fighter. If you press V , then you can toggle between Cockpit view , HUD view and again back to 3rd POV. Cockpit view is simulator view, where in you are inside the aircraft.

Another thing about camera modes, if some guy is on your 6 O'Clock you can look back by pressing 6 and again switch to front view by pressing 5.
you can roll over or manuever your plane or somehow trick your opponent to fall back and get onto your his tail and shoot him down.

You can have a 360 degree 3d View in all modes by pressing number pad keys as per the directions and switch back instantly by pressing 5.

@HECTOR , cya around mate :) gl and have fun

Back