Any way to password protect DVD?

Mar 8, 2007
Hi Is there any way to make a password protected data CD/DVD?When the CD/DVD is inserted it asks for a password and if its right displays content.If not its unreadable.

Regards

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
It's possible but would require you to re-author the dvd to have this feature, and then it can get quite involved. This assumes you are asking about protecting the dvd when its played only in a dvd player.

If its to protect from viewing on a computer ?

A simpler solution would be to hide such dvd's in a place only you know about :bleh:

KingKrool

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The only real solution is to encrypt the data. To make life easier, encrypt all the data and then add the encryption utility to the disk as well (obviously this will not be encrypted).

kniwor

Adept
Mar 13, 2007
KingKrool said:
The only real solution is to encrypt the data. To make life easier, encrypt all the data and then add the encryption utility to the disk as well (obviously this will not be encrypted).

the only method that you can use, to effectively do what u want...

passwording with zip/rar does not solve the problem, as you will need to extract it on your HDD when u want to access it, which could be dangerous...

What I do is use truecrypt, and make a container, now I can move the container on CD/DVD/HDD/Pen-drive or wherever I want, as it is encrypted with password, the file is useless without password.... the only drawback is, u need truecrypt to open it... U can just make a container and place on DVD, truecrypt has many advanced features....

Deepak

Skilled
Oct 10, 2005
^^ yep truly said and TrueCrypt is a great program to do it, small footprint, easy install (just takes 10 secs to install)