Any way to record Zoom meetings with sound on Android tablet (but not through zoom)?

raksrules

Elite
My wife wants to record my kid's online classes to refer later and we are using A to Z recorder app on our Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. The recording is fine except that the audio is not recorded as microphone is being used by zoom itself.

Edit: we cannot use inbuilt zoom recording as that is blocked by school.

Is there any alternate way?

I did try with iPad and screen recording and it does seem to record audio but the file sizes are super large and no way I can record videos on 32GB version (with 5GB free). I think even 1 Hour video takes several GBs.

Few things I could think of -

1. Get a lightning to usb adaptor. Move screen recordings to external hdd after recording. But not sure if you can directly save to usb. That could cause an issue if files bigger than free space. Might as well just copy paste directly connected to PC.

2. Get a lightning to HDMI and HDMI capture card. Use that capture card on PC and save on PC/external usb there. But defeats the whole purpose of iPad, might as well use zoom on PC and record directly.

None of the options are convenient and easy to use. Limiting factor will still be iPad storage, there are no settings to adjust screen recording quality. Try looking for other screen recording apps on android.

Few things I could think of -

1. Get a lightning to usb adaptor. Move screen recordings to external hdd after recording. But not sure if you can directly save to usb. That could cause an issue if files bigger than free space. Might as well just copy paste directly connected to PC.

2. Get a lightning to HDMI and HDMI capture card. Use that capture card on PC and save on PC/external usb there. But defeats the whole purpose of iPad, might as well use zoom on PC and record directly.

None of the options are convenient and easy to use. Limiting factor will still be iPad storage, there are no settings to adjust screen recording quality. Try looking for other screen recording apps on android.

Actually I had only tried on iPad to see whether it works or not but we don't want to use iPad for the zoom sessions, we want to continue using the android tablet. So android centric option is preferred.

My wife wants to record my kid's online classes to refer later and we are using A to Z recorder app on our Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. The recording is fine except that the audio is not recorded as microphone is being used by zoom itself.

Edit: we cannot use inbuilt zoom recording as that is blocked by school.

Is there any alternate way?

I did try with iPad and screen recording and it does seem to record audio but the file sizes are super large and no way I can record videos on 32GB version (with 5GB free). I think even 1 Hour video takes several GBs.
Use a PC (or a laptop with i5/i7 and 16 GB of RAM), Setup a VM with Ubuntu, Install Zoom in the VM OS and use OBS to record the window of the VM. The setup is a one-time hassle. If you can use a cheap dual monitor, then this becomes a lot easier.

Back